Chapter 29

Edited on June 29th, 2023

-

-

-

Deku's POV

" We are gathered here today to celebrate two outstanding students, those who have risked their lives multiple times...Thanks to these brave two...All the omegas, victim or not are now safe from their attacker. It is my greatest honor to welcome the omegan saviors!

Izuku Midoriya and Katsuki Bakugou!

Please come forth and receive your award and praise."

I slowly walked out and onto the stage, my body trembling.

I gulped and looked down at Kacchan, my body trembling and sweaty. He looked at me and gave me a smile and placed his hand on my shoulder.

" Hey...Everything is going to be okay...Trust me.." He said while giving me a smile and helping adjust the crutches under my arms. I looked down and felt guilt pooling in the pit of my stomach...I know we beat the omegan killer but if it wasn't for me...

" Deku no...Get those thoughts out of your head right now. None of this is your fault..." I shook my head as tears swelled in my eyes.

" But it is my fault!!" His eyes softened and pulled me into a hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and cried into his hair.

" It isn't fair! I should've been the one that died that day!! Not Ren...I'm always attracting trouble...no matter where I go! I am just a bad omen! I have been from the start! I'm the reason so many omegas have died...I'm the reason why Mr. Aizawa's son is in a correction center!...It's all my fault!" He squeezed me and shook his head.

" NONE OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT!! STOP THINKING IT IS!" I clung to him and started sobbing.

" But everything the omegan killer did was just to find me! If I never existed then all of those omegas would still be alive! It is all my fault!"

He broke the hug and lifted my chin up so that our eyes met. He gently rubbed my cheek and then smashed his lips onto my own. As if in sync all of my worries and guilt disappeared. I slowly melted into the kiss and soon he deepened it, pressing his body against my own.

He broke the kiss and let out a chuckle. " You really need to stop being so hard on yourself Deku...You did what you had to do that day. Now the nightmare is finally over!" I gave him a big eyes closed smile and interlocked our fingers. He smiled back and we walked out onto the stage...

The moment our bodies walked out onto the platform, so many people applauded. I saw Mr. Aizawa standing there bowing with a smile on his face.

" Please come forth and accept your medals." I looked at Kacchan and pushed him forward. He nodded and walked up to Aizawa and bowed his head. He placed the medal over Kacchan's head and allowed it to rest on his neck.

Cameras flashed and people cheering us in the background faded out as I stared at Kacchan; my heart racing. He's one hell of an omega...that's for sure. I watched as Kacchan walked back to me and pushed me forward the same as I did to him. He gave me a smile as I slowly limped forward the crutches helping as I walked. I bowed my head and allowed him to place the medal over my head and on to my neck.

" Thank you so much Midoriya. You and young Bakugou did exceptionally well...as a reward...2 million dollars as promised...and we are gifting you and Bakugou a small condo sweet beside a riverbank to spend the mating season and whatnot. It is yours and belongs to you. We thank you for your service." He bowed again and I gave him a pat on the shoulder before limping back over to Kacchan.

Mating season...I totally forgot about it...But having a place that's secluded from the outside world...Sounds like a dream come true. I looked down at Kacchan and patted his head. He gave me a smile and waved at the audience. I followed suit and started waving, giving a big smile.

We were thrown a party by our classmates back at the dormitory. Everyone pitched in to make sure they had everything. They even bought us gifts and other stuff. Kacchan seemed uninterested and instead had a puzzled expression on his face. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he jumped before looking at me, his face turning red.

" You scared the shit out of me..." He managed to gasp out. I just stared at his shocked face and smirked. " What were you thinking about? Hm?" He looked away before his face turned red. I chuckled and took his hand in mine. " Come let's go to our dorm...we have some important stuff to discuss.." He shuddered and gulped before nodding his head and walked with me to our dorm.

I unlocked the room and walked in before closing and locking it. He looked at me before turning red again and quickly running to his nest.

" Kacchan, so...I know I've brought it up before but now...with it only being a month away..." He looked down at the floor, his body trembling slightly. " I know...Mating season...two weeks and ya..." I limped over to him and tried my best to sit down in his nest.

" Look I'll understand if you don't want to...we can always wait till next year...we'll just have to be locked away in separate rooms until the two or more weeks are up." He shook his head and placed his hand on mine.

" I want you to mate me Deku...Mark me...and Scent me all over...I want everyone to know I belong to you..." I gave him a smile but noticed his body still trembling.

" Kacchan...I don't want you to force yourself..." He shook his head and looked at me, his ruby eyes filling with tears.

" I'm not forcing myself Deku...I'm just scared...and it really made me think when you told me those harsh things..." I sighed and ran my thumb across his cheek.

" It's alright Kacchan...I'm scared too..I'm afraid I might hurt you...So many 'what if' questions go through my head and it terrifies me...I don't ever want to hurt you or see you in pain..." He nuzzled against my hand and gave me a smile.

" I trust you Deku...With all my heart..." I leaned in and placed my lips on his.

" Thank you Kacchan..."