Wrecking Ball

Yukako's alarm clock began chirping the tune of Morioh Radio awaking her in a sleepy daze. "Mmm," she murmured against her pillow before hitting the off button. She rose into a stretch in her bed. Yukako never was much of a morning person, but the light of the sun brought an unusually pleasant warmth today. Memories of the night before brought a smile to her face. "Today will be a good day," she thought happily through a yawn.

On her way to school, Yukako met Koichi at Angelo's Rock. He went on about the biology test coming up, while she only nodded. Yukako could feel Koichi's hand uncomfortably gripping hers. She could hear his voice speaking aloud, but it was different. Being together was different.

"Yukako?" Koichi asked.

Yukako's focus was pulled from her mind and back into reality. "Yes?" She looked over at him.

"Uh, what do you think about it?" He sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

Her eye twitched in annoyance at herself. "What do I think about what?" Her brow furrowed while she scolded herself internally. Can I drift off into outer space later please? Koichi squirmed momentarily. Yukako only arched an eyebrow at him. What's on his mind?

"I asked," he cleared his throat. "What you thought about going on a trip together..." His cheeks began to flush as he noticed Yukako was staring at him. "O-only if you want to though!"

A trip together...? She looked away from him and back at the sidewalk ahead. Yukako mulled over the suggestion. There is a long weekend coming up, but? She peered back at him to see him especially reddened. What is so embarrassing about— Her heart at sank at the realization. Oh. He's talking about having sex. Yukako felt her insides knot at the base of her gut. It's not like it's something she hasn't thought about before. In fact, Yukako had thought of over a dozen scenarios of her and Koichi being intimate together. However, those visions of love are no longer clear.

Quiet persisted between the dubious couple as the ingenue considered the weight of the preposition in front of her. While behind her, a pair of boys emerged from the convenience store. This trip he planned is exactly what I needed. After this trip together, I will finally be able to pick who I want to be with. She looked down at Koichi as she began to speak, "We should go on the trip, Koichi." A pained smile tugged at her lips. "It should be fun—"

"A trip?!" Okuyasu interrupted as he gave Koichi a playful noogie, wetting the boys hair with the condensation left behind by Calpis Water that had swapped hands a mere few seconds ago. "Where are we going, huh?" He asked as Koichi hastily tried to fix his now unkempt hair. Josuke approached them casually in tow.

"Oh, hey guys," Koichi spoke in a reserved tone. "Yukako and I were talking about going on a trip together during the long weekend coming up. I was thinking we would rent a house at the beach." He peered up at her and she agreed with a nod.

Josuke pursed his lips. He knew Yukako wasn't his, at least not yet. Not entirely, but I'm pretty damn close. For now, he has to pretend seeing them talking about taking trips together doesn't totally piss him off. Though, based on how things are going, Okuyasu might just get us on this trip. Josuke smirked at the thought.

Okuyasu's eyes were lit with excitement. "I've never been to the beach here...! Or any beach actually, but," he babbled. "That's a great idea, Koichi!" He held up his fist giddily. "Josuke, your old man can help us find a beach house!" Okuyasu gripped Josuke's arm. "He's into real estate right? And he's got boatloads of cash, right? Right?!"

"I was actually thinking it would just be us—" Koichi tried piping up, but Okuyasu's mouth was already racing listing all things he'd planned for them to do.