Chapter 2

Kayla's POV

After talking with Emily over the phone, she asked if I could go over her house to hang out. While I was changing my stepmother came into my room. "Oh good you're already dressed, I need you to go grocery shopping, we are expecting guest in a couple hours for lunch," she said. Rolling my eyes in the mirror I said, "But I'm on my way to Emily's house." 

"Well call her and cancel," she said. I just stared at her in disbelief. "Hurry we don't have all day." I grabbed my phone and dial her number. "Hey Kayla are you here yet?" she quickly asked. "Uh about that, I have to go grocery shopping and stay at home because guest are coming," I say biting my lip because she was still in here watching me with a smirk on her face. "It's your stepmother right?" she asked knowingly. "Yeah, as always," I laughed. "Okay it's alright I understand," she said.

And with that we hung up. My stepmother was about to leave, but then seemed to remember something, "Oh! Before I forget here is the list of items that you need to get." Then she strutted out of my room. I looked at the list and thought, "When will the list end?"

After getting ready, I got into one of the many cars and drove to the store. Once I got to the store, I grabbed a shopping cart and headed inside. Halfway through the list looking for some escargot, I was rudely bumped into. "I am so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going," the oh so familiar voice said. But when I looked up, I was furious. It was Brayden my "arch" enemy, aka rival.

"What are you doing here," I asked glaring at him. He just smirked and said, "The same reason why you're here, running errands for my mom." I wish I could just smack that smirk right off his face. I was just about to walk away, when he asked how my summer went. "Why should I tell you?" I asked confused. "Because mine was great and I was hoping yours was terrible so that I can brag about how great mine was," he said. I just gave him a look that said really? And just walked away. Later on after finding everything on the list and paying, I drove back home and loaded the groceries in their correct places.

When I finished that task my stepmother gave me this maid outfit to wear because she said that I will be the one serving the food to them. I quickly put it on upstairs then came back down when I heard new voices arrive. When they came in I quickly sat them down at the table and asked them what they would like to drink. "And for you ma'am, what would you like to drink," I asked politely. "Oh wine would be just fine," she said. I went to go get the drinks and when I came to give the lady her wine, Lauren, who was sitting next to her, put out her leg to trip me and before I could react, the wine fell all over the woman.

I heard a shriek and I fell to the ground. It was all chaos after that and all I was thinking to myself was," This is going to be an eventful day."