Old Friends

Old Friends

Pairing: Damon Albarn (1994) x Reader

Warnings: some angst, fluff, language

Word Count: 1,441

A/N: Another early writing that I finally finished - I literally have 4 more stories I'm working on. Well, this one turned out kind of sweet, I think. I imagine young, boyishly handsome Damon here. Also, Polaris is a bit of a coincidence -- I wrote this long before Damon came out with the song. Yeah sorry for spelling, grammar etc.... Enjoy. ❤️❤️

--

Damon was back in town for a few days, he had a small break during the tour and decided to stop over and spend some time with me

Damon was back in town for a few days, he had a small break during the tour and decided to stop over and spend some time with me. He was a big rockstar now, "Parklife" had really taken off. I was so excited whenever I would hear his voice pop on the radio. "There's Damon! My Damon!" I thought. The truth is, he wasn't really mine. I was the one he confided in when he was in love with one of my friends. He told me all about his first real kiss, and then his first real "experience" with a girl. He didn't see me as anything more than a friend who happened to be of the opposite sex. 

As the years went on, Damon started a couple of bands, but settled on his current group, Blur. He would tell me of how popular they were becoming but he also confessed the amount of attention he received from tons of women (and men). Why wouldn't he? He was absolutely gorgeous, with his big blue bedroom eyes and perfectly angled nose. But, I knew him beyond the headlines.

Suddenly, there was a knock at my door, the knock I had been expecting. 

"Hello! Oh it's so good to see you, Y/N!"  He said with a cute, child-like enthusiasm, while reaching out to embrace me. I inhaled his scent of soft musk and cigarettes.

"Damon! You look great!" I said, knowing full well that he always looked great. His blonde fringe hung low in his face over his slightly tired blue eyes.

"Listen, I just got in a bit ago, but d'ya wanna head down to the beach around 8?" Damon smiled, showing his cute little tooth that didn't quite match the rest. He knew I loved the beach, so we made it a habit to head to the shore at night and look at the stars whenever he was back in town. Alex had been lecturing Damon on astronomy, and Damon, though he poked fun at Alex, was usually excited to show me what he had learned.

We arrived at the beach right at nightfall. Damon finished the last of his cigarette, I watched the light flicker out as he casually tossed what was left on the sand. I pulled out my plaid blanket, setting it down against the shoreline. We laid back looking up at the stars. 

"Apparently, that's Polaris, or the North Star…" Damon said pointing to a very bright star in the sky "and that's.. Dubhe and… fuck I forget.." he brought his hand up to his forehead. "Merak, I think that's part of the Big Dipper." I had no idea if he was making this up. My knowledge of astronomy was extremely limited, but he sounded so intelligent and adorable as he tried to correctly pronounce the names of each star and constellation in the evening sky.