Chapter 5

Hundreds of eyes shift up to the sky. They see the dragon above swooping down towards the edge of town a couple hundred yards away. Kristopher's first instinct is to grab a blade. "Dave! Jeb! Run to safety! I'll distract it!" Kristopher exclaims as he grabs a long, thin blade. David opens his mouth but Kristopher cuts him off and points him to the back door of the building facing the woods. David leaves with Jeba reluctantly.

     Kristopher peers out the window and sees the dragon swooping down over a food stall. "So you're after food, huh?" Kristopher mumbles under his breath. He slinks along through the window and climbs onto the roof. He hides behind the smokestack and puts the sword in his cloak to not allow it to reflect and get the dragon's attention. He looks past the corner and sees his brother and Jeba heading into the woods for safety.

     Suddenly, things get really hot and he hears a loud whoosh. He looks over to see where the dragon was. It hadn't moved. He realizes the smokestack had been lit. The wind picks up and smoke fills his lungs. He coughs. He looks to see the dragon in case it moved toward his coughing. He sees it flying in his direction, but eyeing the forest. It had gained a sense of David. He had to act fast.

     "Dragon! Over here!" Kristopher yells, instantly being chilled by dread. The dragon hadn't chased after him, but it had stops. He saved his brother at least. He'd died honorably. Taking the sacrifice of his own life. Its head looks toward him just fifty feet away. Its lavender eyes piercing into Kristopher's soul. Kristopher kicks off with all his might toward the dragon. He was acting more heroic than usual. An odd change for him, but a good one.

     He closes his eyes as he falls to his death. He lands sharply about six feet below. He opens his eyes to the dragon's pain as he had lands the blade into its back. It shakes violently, causing him to fly off. It shoots into the air and lands over him. It chomps at him. He rolls to his right and swings at the dragon, barely nicking its nose. Its eyes narrow and it let off a sputter similar to a chuckle. It leans its head back and smoke starts to come from its nostrils. Kristopher closes his eyes again and hears fire roar above him.

     He opens his eyes to see Jeba slicing into the dragon's side and David making a water shield over Kristopher. Kristopher uses all his energy to get up and ram the sword into the beast's eyelid. The dragon groans and tried to pin Kristopher, but Jeba cuts into its wing, slicing it as the dragon tries to lift off. The dragon's good wing shoots it into the air, but the newly ruined wing makes it start to do circles. It flounders in the air as it tries to regain composure but ultimately times a bad wing flap and tumbles into an inn.

     The sword moves as the dragon moves its eye, causing nausea in Kristopher. David pulls it out and the eye leaks vitreous fluid all over the ground. Jeba grabs a halberd and smashes it into the beast's neck. It is only now that they realized that the dragon was barely 10 feet long excluding tail. Smaller than legends had implied. Jeba grabs the vitreous covered sword and cuts into the dragon's exposed underbelly. The sound of flesh being cut and bones being snapped is prevalent in the area.

"Jeba? You okay there buddy? It's not normal to just dig into a dragon's carcass." Kristopher says in a slower voice. Jeba comes out covered in blood holding a massive organ.

"If you eat a dragon's heart, it makes you stronger." Jeba says as he took his cape off to wrap the heart.

David exclaims "That thing is twice the size of my head!"

"Your head is pretty large too." Kristopher says smirking, to which David replies by pointing his index finger at him and lighting it. "Whoa! Calm down there matchstick!"

***

                "I told you guys I would get you food!" Fenol says. David's still slightly perplexed about the magnet thing and feels mildly suspicious about it. He had arrived after their dinner with a cart full of food.

                "It's like you knew that was going to happen." David says. Fenol just looks at David like he is stupid, instantly making David feel it.

                "How could I possibly know? It's a beast of the air. Even if I had control over it, you still could have died. You have the most promise of men in this kingdom. And Jeba! I have just reunited with you! I don't like the thought of losing my old buddy."

                Kristopher looked up at everyone and said, "We didn't go for food. we needed supplies. either way,I'm going to go to sleep. I want to practice a whole lot. Not just a partial day."

                "On that note, I am going to leave." Fenol says as he prepares to warp away. Jeba and David follow suit and go to sleep too.

***

                Kristopher opens his eyes. The sun is bright, but it doesn't hurt his eyes. He follows the shadow next to him. He is next to a tall tree. The sky is black. How is the sun out? He follows the light and realized the light was the moon. It is yellow and takes up half of the sky.

                Kristopher realizes he was in a dream. He wants to explore. The tree pulls him closer toward it. He could explore the rest later. He needs to see this tree, but he doesn't know why.

EXTEND YOUR HAND.

He extends his hand.

PUT YOUR HAND ON THE TREE.

He puts his hand on the tree. Suddenly he sees that the tree's branches are glowing.

THESE BRANCHES ARE THE NUMBER OF EVIL THAT ARE GOING TO LEAD TO THE END OF TRUE EVIL. YOU ARE ONE OF THE FOUR.

"I don't understand. Who are you?"

 Kristopher wakes up rejuvenated and sees his brother walking in with a lit candle. "What time is it Dave?"

"You haven't been in here but maybe an hour. "

"No way. I feel so energetic."

"Then go and do your exercise." Kristopher quietly goes outside and to the pull up bar. He quickly gets to 1000 and fee;s like going to 5000, which he achieves before sunrise with no fatigue.