15// Desperation & Heartbreaks

Year 2025
Seoul, South Korea
ShimWoon Corporation

Tick tok, tick tok, tick tok.....

The wall clock's arms moved and made the little sounds emitting a sort of life like presence in the dim office.

Sitted on the huge office chair, the young man grips onto his mouse as his eyes widen and focuses intently on the computer's brightly lit screen.

His expression was almost unreadable. But if you were to decipher and observe it carefully.....

It was clear as day, his face had the mix of heartbreak, disbelief and confusion.

The brightness of the screen could almost be identified as the cause of the tears that started to fill his grey eyes, but truth be told.... It was his emotions and heart that had made the tears appear.

Bold and black texts fill his huge screen, Seokhoon could only shake his head as the tears trickle down his cheeks.

The pictures on the article confirmed the authenticity but he had refused to give in and believe.

"Primadonna Rona Bae & Jung Corporation CEO / Pianist YoonOh Jung confirm their relationship as lovers."

'No...... No,

Rona won't do that just because she's angry at me.....

She wouldn't do that, she's not that type of person.

I'm not gonna believe in any of this shit until I hear it from her voice.

This is all a lie, a set up since their families are partners...'

But no matter how much he tries to convince himself and makes up reasons. He knew it in himself, that there was no way that it was a lie.

The verified article was there, the newly released picture from their families was there and most importantly.... Her smile was there.

This time it was real, there was no more point in denying....

Rona is now sincerely and truly happy. But one thing had clouded his mind, why had she not contacted or replied to him at all?

Was she pretending that he didn't exist?

But she wasn't the type to do that.... It had been going on for almost 5 months when she suddenly went off the line and stopped texting or even attempting communication with everyone in South Korea at all.

Seokhoon had tried everything, from sending her messages, sending even physical letters through mail to her address in New York.

Heck, he was so desperate that he called her number everyday for 5 and a half months straight but it was the same everytime....

It was just a dead line and no response.

Everyone had thought at first to respect and patiently wait until she returned all their calls and messages.

Maybe she's just busy....
Maybe she's just caught up in something...

But the longer everyone waited, the more desperate and suspicious they are of what had actually happened.

And now.... 5 and a half months later. In the present, Seokhoon could only gaze at her image and wallow in sadness as he faces the new reality of her finding and having a new man in her life.

As much as confusion and the will to know and find out the truth came out strong from within the handsome male, the emotion and pain of his heartbreak had overtaken all his senses.