18// One Step Ahead

Year 2027
New York, USA
Grand Hyatt Hotel

Seokhoon lays on the clean and huge bed in exhaustion.

After a long and restless flight, Seokhoon, Suryeon and Logan had finally arrived at the busy and still bustling city of New York.

Running his hand on his hair, Seokhoon sits up and gazes at the huge glass windows.

It was already nighttime, oddly enough the city doesn't seem to go to sleep.

It was still noisy, lively and brightly lit.

Seokhoon finally made it, the thought of him being at the same place as Rona made his heart beat much faster.

He knew it was reckless, Rona and him were realistically already considered strangers.

She hadn't even attempted to connect or contact him for the last 3 years.

But the point is, he still wanted to know or at least get a explanation for a bit of closure. Out of everyone in this universe, Seokhoon would be the only person left who knew Rona better than anyone.

The pianist turned entrepreneur knew it himself that Rona wasn't that type of person who would cut people off like that. In fact, Seokhoon had been suspicious of the Bae family but had unfortunately made no effort to investigate and find out for the last 3 years.

It wasn't a lie, Seokhoon is clearly still in love with the wide eyed beautiful Primadonna. That's why he had it the hardest when news came out of her finally falling in love with another man.

But what could he do?
At that time, 3 years ago he decided that maybe it was finally time to let her go and let her find happiness....

That is love anyways, It is letting the person you love go just to see her/ him smile even if it takes your own happiness.

But after 3 years of trying to forget and patch up the pain, Seokhoon had drowned himself in alcohol, cigarettes and immense sadness....

In the end realizing that he could never forget the love of his life after all. Hence, here he was with a newfound determination and a mission to meet her after 3 years.

That is..... if he could even meet her at all.

After taking in all the thoughts and snapping out of his cloudy dilemmas. Seokhoon decides to go and take a short bath then prepare for dinner with the heir of the Lee Empires, a company that ShinWoon would eventually partner with.

Swiftly washing up, Seokhoon dries his hair with the hair dryer and buttons up the new and crisp white polo.

He chose to leave the first 3 buttons unbottoned making him look like those hot and handsome rich bachelors who walked around like models.

Choosing to not wear a tie, Seokhoon had went for a half formal and casual look. Considering that he was in New York and would be meeting many important people throughout this week, he had to look his best.

Wearing his black striped blazer, the dashing male checks his reflection for the last time in front of the full length mirror and smirks in satisfaction.

Meeting his mother and step-father at the lobby, the family of 3 boards their respective cars and finally depart the hotel for a late dinner/ meeting.

Inside the dark and silent car, Logan was first to break the silence as he speaks in a serious tone.

'I heard from Secretary Hong that Lee Taeyong is a very close friend of the Bae's..... We should be careful, he might be wary if his heard some things about our connection with them.'