First Date

I put a pair of blue jeans, a casual beige t-shirt with a silver heart necklace as well as a pair of small cross earrings and a pair of white Converse before lightly curling my blonde hair. I'm not a big make up wearer but I did put a little bit of mascara on and a light lip gloss just to make myself look like I've got some sleep.

One of my good friends and a nurse at the ER, Maggie, was coming round to babysit Skylar for the evening. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel slightly guilty that on one of our few days off I was asking Maggie to give her evening up but she is always so excited to look after Maggie that it was no problem.

I pulled up at The Lamb and Flag restaurant in LA, parked my car and made my way to the entrance. It wasn't long before I saw Chris standing at the door waiting for me.

"Hey! Sorry I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long" I said as I walked up to her.

"Oh no no you're fine don't worry, I haven't been here long" She said as I gave her a hug.

*Time Skip*

We'd been talking for what felt like hours before we finally left the restuarant and Chris walked me back to my car.

"Do you maybe want to come back to mine for a drink or something?" Chris asked shyly.

I wasn't sure if I should because I had already left Maggie with Skylar for 2 hours, was it really fair to leave her for longer?

"Uh yeah sure that would be nice" Too late now I've agreed

I got into my car and waited for Chris to lead the way and while I was waiting I called Maggie to see if she was okay with me leaving her for longer.

*On the phone*

"Hey Mags, how is it going?"

"It's going great thank you, Skylar has not long gone down to sleep. She had that tomato pasta for dinner and some custard for desert and we read the same book like fifteen times!! Haha she is a wonderful little girl, you're very lucky Brooke. Anyway how did the date go?"

"Not too bad actually in fact it's still going on, I was actually wondering if you would be okay with staying for a bit longer? I know it's a lot to ask considering you've done so much already, if you need to be somewhere else I can come home now its fine"

"Off course its fine Brooke! Go have fun I've got everything covered here, you know I love babysitting I'll do it any day of the week for you"

"Thank you so much, I'll let you know when I'm leaving"

*Call Ends*