FIRST YEAR 

The great hall was filled with chatter, clinking of utensils, excited whispers and gossips from teachers

The great hall was filled with chatter, clinking of utensils, excited whispers and gossips from teachers.  After all it was a new year. Today marked the start of a new chapter for many lives. Including Tom's. Tom occupied the deserted corner at the end of the great hall, avoiding the chaos of first year students in a line that excluded him. They were getting sorted.

Tom silently observed the students who were in his year. He saw how giddy and excited they were. Tom was too, however, he couldn't express it. That's why he loathed those who could.  A scowl marred his handsome face when some students whispered while pointing at him.  He picked up a few words here and there which pissed him off a little.  "...mudblood..."  "...weird..."  "...strange..."  "Doesn't... deser... be here..." 

They were similar to the taunts he used to listen when he was in the orphanage, but one particular one caught his attention.  Mudblood.  Dumbledore had briefed him about the wizarding world and he knew that mudblood was not a very good word. His peers thought he was disgusting even before he met them. How judgemental.  Tom frowned at the students which caused them to turn their heads quickly.  Then he focused on the sorting.  That's when he saw her.  She was sitting on the little stool, an old hat sat upon her head. Her shiny blonde hair were draped over her shoulders and an innocent yet disturbingly sweet expression decorated her features.  Tom's first impression about her was not that good either.  She's definitely a slytherin.  "SLYTHERIN!" The hat shouted alerting Tom that his prediction was correct. He smirked as she proudly walked up to the slytherin table and sat around some annoyingly loud girls.  Tom didn't take his eyes off her. He was mesmerized by her beauty but something about her intrigued him. She was not as innocent as she acted. 

When it was Tom's turn to sit on the chair, Dumbledore shot him a sly wink but Tom didn't react. When the hat was placed upon his head, an aged voice boomed in his mind, as clear as the morning sky.  "Hmm... you are cunning yet surprisingly intelligent. You have a very good future, IF, you choose the right path. I know just where to put you... GRY–" Before the hat could complete the word, Tom suddenly stopped it.  "Please no!" He thought, hoping the hat understands. "Any other house but gryffindor." He pleaded.  "Why?" The hat questioned him.  "Um... there were a few students, they don't like me, they've been placed in Gryffindor," Tom replied quickly, thinking back to when the kids had judged him at the back of the hall.  "I see... your mind is clouded. Ok then... SLYTHERIN!"  The slytherin table erupted into applause as Tom settled down at the far end of the table.  He was happy that he got sorted into the same house as that girl.  He silently stared at her from the corner, and saw how she mingled with her new friends.  Tom hoped that he would be friends with her too.

As the days passed, his obsession with the girl grew. He stared at her any chance he got. He observed her every single habit. They had most of their classes together and Tom couldn't be happier.

That was his chance to get to know her even if it was from far. By the end of the year, Tom knew most of her habits, flaws and strengths. Potions and Defense Against The Dark Arts were her best subjects and Herbology was her worst.  By the end of the year, he also knew that she was not a very innocent girl. She bullied because she had power.  Tom smirked at that. Oh and also, he knew her name. Aurelia Greensworth. _____________________________

                                           ➷▁▁▁╰ ⋆★⋆ ╮▁▁▁➶
Someone I was close to was willing to do a tom riddle story that was about a girl rejecting him. I gave her a storyline and she wrote the first chapter but then she left wattpad and I saved the chapter before the story got deleted and I now hope someday she'll see this and comes back to continue the story