1

"It's second nature to walk home before the sun goes down and put your keys between your knuckles when there's boys around. Isn't it funny how we laugh it off to hide our fear? When there's nothing funny here."

————

"Jisung, what are you wearing?"

The poor girl who had spent an hour trying to find a comfortable outfit to please her Father, froze in her spot as she was grabbing her bag to leave.

"Father, it's just a dress." Jisung even put leggings on under her skirt that fell to her mid-thighs but apparently it wasn't good enough.

"It's showing too much skin. Go change." He scolds. Her Mother by his side but she only had her head down and didn't say anything.

"I'll be late for school-" "Then you better hurry." He cut her off as he grabbed the remote and turn on the tv.

Jisung shuffles her way up to her room and quickly changes from her pretty skirt to a simple hoodie and jeans. She wanted to look pretty. It was dress down day at her normal uniform school and she wanted to show off her new dress that her Mother bought her.

Her Father had other plans clearly.

As she came back down, her Father eyes her up and down before saying, "Now you aren't even trying."

Jisung had to hold back the tears as she just picked up her bag again and headed out the door. She quickly put in her earbuds as she started her journey towards the bus.

Jisung grew up in a traditional house hold. Men working while the women in the kitchen. Her Father expect her to be married by twenty and have kids by twenty one but god forbid if she mentioned having sex just for pleasure.

That's how she ended up with her boyfriend, Bang Chan. Her Father had a friend from work who had a boy her age and they forced Jisung to be with him. Jisung thought he was sweet at first but behind doors, Chan was not the boy next door that his Father made him out to be.

It made Jisung angry that she couldn't say anything about it. Once when she came home with a bruise, her Mother freaked out and asked what happened.

"We got i-in a a-argument. C-Chan slapped m-me."

Jisung has the words of her Father engraved in her head once she said that.

"Learn to not talk back. I would have done worse."

That was the last time she ever brought up what happened between her and Chan. She just obeyed and listened.

Like her Father told her too.

As Jisung got onto the bus, she looked around for an empty seat but didn't noticed any for her comfort so she grabbed a handle and stood for the rest of the way.

She tried to ignore the normal stares she got from the men who were used to her riding the train. They weren't used to seeing her in normal clothes. They were used to creepily looking at her in skirts and her Mary Janes.

Jisung let her music fill her ears she tried to calm her nerves. The bus stopping at an extra stop made her confuse as she pulled out an earbud to look around. She over heard a man talking to a women about how there was a crash and another bus wasn't able to pick up this stop so this bus was required too.