Chapter 1: Let the Adventure Commence

Four girls. They each live somewhere in the world. While they all loved stories, they also had school to worry about. Family. While some of the girls played sports. But this wasn't about one, the other, and so on. It was about all four of them. The four girls were known as the Creative Crew, using their abilities to create stories for others to enjoy. But the thing was. They would soon be in a life-or-death matter. 

...

Maisie sat at her dinner table. She was eating with her family, just about to get ready for bed. Her mother had cooked a steak and put down some mashed potatoes. Halfway done with her food, Maisie started daydreaming. She thought of her three friends, part of the Creative Crew. She missed them and hoped to see them again after meeting in Sacramento, California a few weeks ago. "Maisie?" her mother asked.

She gasped and came out of her daydream. "You were dozing off. Are you okay?" her father added.

"Mhmm. Yeah, I'm fine."

But she was hiding something and didn't want her parents to know about it. When dinner was finished, Maisie went to her bedroom and looked at a picture her friend had taken of her and the other girls. It was sweet, but she missed the girls. "You miss them, huh?"

The sudden voice made her gasp in shock and stumble back. "Who goes there?!" she exclaimed.

Looking at her desk, there was only a limp wooden doll sitting by her laptop. It got her curious. Maisie walked to the doll and picked it up. She took a close look at it, hoping it wasn't haunted by an evil spirit. "BACK-"

Maisie tried not to scream, and thankfully, she didn't. Looking again, she was astounded by what was in front of her. "You're the doll Dusk made a few weeks ago! You're talking and moving on your own! Are you sure you're not possessed?" Maisie gasped.

And indeed, it was. He had a black suit on and hair swiped to the side. It was Five! He sat down and crossed his wooden legs. "Yep. I'm that doll. And no, I'm not possessed. Your imagination is so large that I was able to come to life thanks to that. Now, what seems to be the problem?" he asked.

Sighing, Maisie responded. "I miss my friends. Dusk, McKenna, Vi... I want to see them again! I feel like Sacramento wasn't enough. Maybe they can come to the UK and I can give them a tour of my place," she replied.

"Listen, Maisie. I know you miss your friends. But sooner or later, we'll have another reunion. Please. Trust me," Five conveyed.

Maisie took that small bit of advice and nodded. Looking at her clock, she gasped. It was past her bedtime. She quickly got into her pajamas and slipped into bed, falling sound asleep. But something was off. At least, that's what the doll version of Five felt. Someone had opened her window and climbed in. They held a black trash bag and walked to stand above Maisie's sleeping body. "Stay away from her!" Five yelled.

The figure didn't listen to him. They took Maisie, stuffing her in the bag. Despite her muffled cries for help, Five could only watch in horror. He was far too small to stop a human like them. The figure finished bagging her and jumped out the window and into the rainy night.