Evidence - Halloween 2021

Jughead had insisted that you come with him. He had been spouting nonsense about vampires. That there were vampires in Riverdale and everyone needed to be careful. You wanted to believe him but honestly, it was a bit far fetched.

No that you were walking through the dark woods with him, you had to wonder if he was also taking his own ideas seriously. After all, if there were vampires lurking around in the woods, unless they were friends with you, why would you risk going out into the woods at all. "What are we looking for again?"

"Evidence." Jughead answered as he lifted a large branch out of the way. You hurried under it and waited for him to catch up.

"Evidence of what?" You asked. You still hadn't entirely understood what he was after, though he had told you several times.

"We're almost certain that ghouls and werewolves occupy high positions at City Hall," Jughead answered and stopped, pulling you backwards as he spotted someone. You yeled when you saw through the tree branches he'd hidden behind. There was someone who looked like they were from the Ghoulies. They were eating, what looked like... a person. You shook your head and decided that it was just the dark playing tricks on you in the moonlight. You jumped when they had moved and looked your way, suddenly hurtling towards you. Jughead seemed to have moved and you hadn't noticed him beckoning towards you. He moved between the two of you in an instant and in the moonlight you could see sharp, pointed fangs growing in Jughead's mouth as he growled viciously at the Ghoulie, holding them by the neck as they swiped at you.

"So you're really out here just being fed, you ghoul. Pathetic. Now you're just some rich guy's lapdog. You started to feel faint. Your head was spinning. It was just a trick of the light you kept saying in your head, over and over.

"Give me the human and I'll tell you everything." The Ghoulie said as they licked their lips. You finally fainted and Jughead tossed them away and turned to catch you, leaving the woods with you, and the small amount of evidence he had found.