The snow stop

Jughead x Fem!Reader

Requested by Anon​

December event

Hurrying inside, out of the cold you paused. The warmth of the hotel lobby seeped into you and made your body ache pleasantly. There was already someone at the desk as you hurried over.

"Hi. are there any rooms for the night?" You asked. The receptionist went to check. As she did you felt someone glaring at you. Glancing over you saw it was Jughead who was at the desk. You gave him an awkward smile. The two of you just hadn't ever seemed to click. There was an uncomfortable silence between the two of you as you waited to be given a key. Once you were booked in you hurried upstairs while Jughead went into the cafe to the left of the lobby.

The room was small and, considering that it was a few miles outside of Riverdale, it was rather warm and cosy looking. The bedding and decorations in the room had clearly been swapped out for Christmas ones. It looked rather comfortable though. There was a small area that had been made into a living room area with a small kitchen in the corner. Setting your bags down you went over to the window. It felt a little silly. Getting caught out in the snow only an hour away from Riverdale. However, you'd barely gotten your car into the hotel car park. Flopping down onto the bed you closed your eyes for a moment. The moment must have been longer than you thought as something woke you and the light in the room was slightly darker.

Getting up you heard the door to your hotel room open. Jughead stepped through. As the door shut the two of you stared at each other.

"What're you in my room?" You both said at the same time. After several moments of bickering, the two of you headed down to the front desk. When the receptionists finally got you both to calm down they checked the computers and one of the awkwardly muttered out.

"I'm sorry all the hotel rooms are booked. There's only one room available." They explained. There was an offer to send up bedding. The two of you reluctantly resigned yourselves to sharing the room as the only alternative would be sleeping in your car during a snow flurry. By now the snow was so deep that no cars were on the road and all the phones in the lobby were being used by people explaining that they wouldn't be getting home soon.

"I suppose you should take the bed." Jughead grumbled. You didn't object. It was the nicest he'd been to you in a while. Neither of you spoke as you settled down. Filtering into the bathroom one at a time was a little awkward and you tripped over him on your way out. Sleep came quickly. Travelling must have made you more tired than you had realised. The next morning you woke up to a smell that filled the room. It made your stomach ache with hunger as you sat up.

"We're going to be stuck here until a snow plough comes. It snowed overnight." Jughead explained. You got up and saw that he was cooking breakfast. "Do you want some? I have some food left from my last stop... it's pretty expensive downstairs." He sounded as if he was trying very hard to keep an uncaring tone of voice.

"Yes please." You said as you looked in the small kitchen cupboard for some plates.