Christmas crossover - December 2021

Jughead frowned as he stepped into the meeting place. It was an empty office room. Stiles was already there waiting. They gave each other a distasteful look before Jughead moved to one side of the room to watch the door.

"Sorry I'm late." You said as you hurried inside a few moments later. You'd called each of them the night before and as a favor they'd rushed into town.

"What happened?" Stiles asked. He got up from his seat as you pulled a brown file from your bag and held it out. Jughead stayed, lounged, against the wall.

"My friend went missing at a christmas party two days ago and today I found out that the cops don't think they're missing and they think they just went out of town for the holidays. I have proof! They won't do anything." You said, sounding a little frantic as you pulled several more files from your bag, these ones were thicker than the thin one you handed Stiles, clearly your own, and adorned with colour coded tabs.

"You had proof they went missing?" Jughead asked as he walked over to take the files.

"Well... it's circumstantial but... they're not out of town. We had plans for the holidays and they texted me everyday and now. Nothing." You insisted. Jughead held his hand up to stop you ranting and took your file. He saw you neatly dated pages and printouts of texts and email. Even a photocopy of a roster for the holiday together.

"They didn't look?" Stiles asked as he looked at the file and found it frustratingly lacking.

"They checked the apartment, my alibi and when they found their car on the road out of town they towed it to a scrap yard." You listened.

"That's it!" Jughead said, outraged.

"This is not enough. Look if my dad had this ase he'd agree that you have enough... We'll take the case, no charge." Stiles said as he glanced at Jughead who nodded.

"You and I on the same team. It must be Christmas." Jughead said to Stiles.

"You don't mind working together? I didn't know who else to ask." You asked after a moment of tension passed.

"We'll get along fine and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of this." Stiles assured you.

"Yeah. I have a few favours that I can call in. We'll get this all figured out." Jughead assured you. You thanked them and said that you'd go and get the rest of the files you'd put together from your car.