𝘐𝘝.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘐𝘝.
𝘊𝘩𝘦𝘤𝘬𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦.

┌──❀*̥˚──◌──◌──❀*̥˚─┐
checkmate
/ˈtʃɛkmeɪt/
noun
a position in which a player's king is directly attacked by an opponent's piece or pawn and has no possible move to escape the check. The attacking player thus wins the game.
└◌───❀*̥˚───◌───❀*̥˚┘

Yₒᵤ.

You sit down in the grass, enjoying snaks that Maverick prepared for you.

❝You're an amazing cook. May I know where you've learnt? ❞You ask looking at him.

❝My father taught me. ❞He replies feeding you another spring roll.

You open your mouth and bit into it.

❝Your father is a cook? ❞You ask curious to know more about him and his family.

❝No, he is a knight. ❞ Maverick replies cleaning your bottom lip with his finger which made you blush.

❝What type of parents do you have? ❞You ask.

Maverick smirks playfully.

❝You're curious about me? ❞

❝Yes... I hope you're not upset. ❞You say looking down at the plate.

Maverick comes closer and kisses your hand.

❝How could I be upset? I love that you're interested in me.Don't be shy to ask. Now, to answer your question, both my parents are very kind people. My father is madly in love with my mother and will do anything for her. My mother is very sweet, she's easily teased by my father. ❞Maverick replied.

You were listening quietly and a smile appeared on your face. You were glad Maverick has loving parents.

❝Are you going to think about something sad? ❞Maverick asked frowning.

❝Oh, no. ❞You quickly shake your head and smile.

Every time you would get even a little sad, Maverick will know and ask you. You didn't know how he managed to know you so better in such short time, but you were glad to have him with you.

Since he appeared, you never felt lonely again. You realized how much you hate loneliness.

❝Right, I've prepared this for you. ❞Maverick said handing you a small bottle.

You examine the bottle and the liquid in it.

❝What is it? ❞You ask curious.

❝Some medicine, family recipe. It's helping with anxiety. ❞Maverick half lied to you, encouraging you to drink it.

You trusted him so you drank it all.

❝Tastes funny.❞ You say.
Maverick pats your head smiling.

❝Medicine always tastes funny. ❞He says and you nodd your head.