𝘝.

✩。:*•.───── ❁ ❁ ─────.•*:。✩

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚅.
𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞...?

Yₒᵤ.

Y

ou run to the throne room and push the big doors open. You're met with the image of your father, bleeding heavily as he tries to fight his attacker.

❝Father! ❞You call, your legs shaking threatening to give up on you.

Maverick followed behind you watching the scene with a satisfied look. Blood, dead bodies, people trying to escape and beg, only to meet death.

You force your legs to walk closer to your father.

❝Don't get closer! ❞ Your father shouts not even looking at you.

❝Father... Maverick! Can you save him? You...you're strong, aren't you? Please, save him.❞ You grab onto Maverick, crying.

❝Why would I? My love, he never saw you as his child... and he even wanted to sell you off to some stranger. ❞Maverick spoke coldly.

He was right, but a part of you still hoped your father will change. He was the only family you have left and even if he hates you, he was kind enough to let you live comfortably.

❝Please... he is my after after all... he... he didn't killed me... ❞ You mumbled pulling Maverick's hand, but he won't budge.

❝I'm sorry, (Y/n). I can't save someone that made you suffer. ❞Maverick says and you slowly fall on your knees.

You then see how your father gets the final blow, falling down with a loud thump.

❝FATHER! ❞You scream.

Maverick crouches down and hugs you.

❝Calm down, my sweetheart. It's over now. ❞He says trying to soothe you.

You look at him through tears filled eyes.

❝Why... why did you let him die? You... aren't you strong? You could have saved them so why? ❞You ask with a shaking voice looking at him, feeling betrayed.

❝(Y/n), listen to me. They didn't deserved to be saved. ❞Maverick replied.

His answer made you angry.

❝What are you saying? They were people, Maverick! They have families... How can you think like this? Are you crazy?! ❞ You ask pulling away from him.

His expression darkened.

❝I only care about you, (Y/n). Not anyone else, they are nothing to me. You should do the same, it hurts seeing you cry for them after all they've done to you. ❞Mavericks said pulling you in his arms despite your protest.

❝Put me down! Maverick! ❞You raise your voice and look at him shocked by the change.

❝Why is he acting like this? This isn't Maverick I know... what happened? ❞You ask yourself as your eyes get heavy.

❝Sleep, my dear. ❞You hear Maverick say as you fall asleep in his arms.

He carries you back to your room.

ₘₐᵥₑᵣᵢcₖ.

I had to put her to sleep otherwise I would have done something I would regret.

Her care for others... made me angry. I felt like killing them again.

I tuck her in bed and get my pocket mirror out, contacting my father using communication magic. He'll know how to help me.