24 hours.

the devil that i know, jacob banks.

"what a way to die. standing eye to eye."

━━━━ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

ALIYAH brown didn't care much about death. she was actually angry she hadn't found her soulmate yet. the quicker she found her soulmate, the quicker death would come. and the quicker death came, the quicker she'd be at peace.

she scoffed walking down the street. she wore a black hoodie to cover her face; bloodshot eyes and eye bags. her brown skin was paler than normal, while she wore mostly baggy clothes.

"stupid." she muttered, kicking the cab that was at her feet. the pedestrians around her talked amongst themselves; the honking of cars and busy late night streets ringing in her ears.

she looked up, making sure she was going the right route before making eye contact with a blonde boy.

his golden eyes gazed into her hazel ones; the world going slow around the two while they passed each other.

buzz! deatharc has been added to this cellular device!

they both stopped, looking at the notification before opening it.

you now have 24 hours left with your soulmate!

aliyah narrowed her eyes at the small, rectangular device in her hand before slowly turning around to meet eyes with the boy once more.

"heyo!" he smiled brightly at the girl. she scoffed, rolling her eyes before sighing internally.

"yo." she mumbled. "guess we're... soulmates?"

"guess so. you have to spend 24 hours with me now, what a way to die. am i right?" he joked, keeping the smile on his face before holding out his hand.

"denki kaminari!" her hand met his, a firm shake being done before she introduced herself.

"aliyah brown."

"so, what's first, aliyah?" he asked, intertwining their fingers and pulling them through the busy streets.

what's first? she mentally asked herself. first? she never thought that much. she thought her soulmate would be depressing. drug addict. some type of mentally ill.

she just assumed the two would've just sat down somewhere, did drugs until the time limit, and went out.

but now she has to deal with a happy blonde boy that probably has a loving family and amazing friends.

disgusting. truly.

"you seem a little too happy about death, kaminari..." she stated, before even thinking about what she should've said.

"what can i say? why be all sad about the end? you're spending it with someone you'll fall in love with anyway." he chuckled, pulling down her hood. "and why are you hiding your face? you're so pretty!"

she cringed, yeah. these 24 hours weren't going to be the best for her. that was for sure.