Chapter 9:"Marked"

Tate lunged at the stallion, and bit him. The stallion reared up, and landed hard on Tate's back. Tate's eyes changed to those of Tornado and he bit at the roan's feet. The roan backed up, and Tornado lunged at him, which made the roan fall to his knees. Tornado turned to the other stallions and ran them off.

Tornado gave Tate control, and he walked over to me. Suddenly my pain was gone, and I felt like playfully nipping at Tate. Wait what? I returned to the river, but my vision began to get splotchy. I felt myself fall to the ground, before everything went black.

Tate's POV:
Tornado had just given me control, when April fell to the ground. I shifted back, and scooped her up bridal style.
"Oh, April," I said out loud. I walked her over to a shady spot near some soft grass, and laid her down.
"Tornado what do I do?"
Wait her heat out. In a couple of hours she'll wake up. Or it might be a few days, depends on her horse.
"Great," I said sarcastically.

I shifted back, and walked over to the river. I drank big, long gulps of water. A breeze blew through my mane.
"So why are we going to these 'sacred herd grounds' and where are they?" I asked Tornado.
They are safe from wolf shifters, and I think there are still horse shifters there.
"What?! You mean April and I aren't the only horse shifters left?"
Yes, silly

"I wish she'd wake up."
Me too. Me too.

April's POV:
I slowly opened my eyes. "Owww." I said. My head was throbbing, and my legs still had the terrible pain. I shakily stood up, and shifted back into my horse. I whinnied for Tate, and he came galloping over to me. The stinging sensation in my legs disappeared. He shifted back to human form so we could talk. I shifted back too.

"What happened?" I asked him.
"You passed out."
"What?! Why? How long?"
"Heat. And.... two days."
"Ohhhh great." I did my best pouty face.
"Hey it's ok," Tate cooed," ya know there is a way for me to talk to you in horse form."
"Ok? How?"

"This is how," he started to kiss my neck, which made me moan with joy. When he got me standing still, he traced out a sort of horseshoe shape, and then bit it. I yelled out in pain, which he replaced with pleasure by kissing it again. He. Just. Marked. Me. He stepped back, and I looked at my mark. It was a horseshoe with roses inside of it, and two horse heads poking out of it, and a crescent moon in the middle with our names underneath it.

It was on my collar bone, to my right side. Suddenly I was interrupted by a voice inside my head that was not Arizona's.
Hello April.
I jumped side ways. I looked over to Tate, who was smirking.
"Don't do that!" I said out loud.
Oh, come on won't it be fun to hear all your dirty little thoughts about me.
No!

I walked over to the river and washed my face.
Let's go.
Tate and I shifted to our horses and he led the way.