Chapter 5:"Sold"

It had been a few months since I tried to talk to Arizona. I had fallen into a deep depression. The Alpha had started whipping me harder, too. One day, I was tied up on a hitching post with other horses.

There were more wolf shifters in the stable yard than usual. Some came over and looked at us. One came and looked at me. He ran his hands over my scars, and he asked the man who was with us how I got these scars.

"She is a rebellious one, you will have your hands full," he said to the man.
"How much?" the man asked.
"Alpha wants 'undred credits for her."
"I'll give you fifty."

I looked around for Tate, and I saw him. He, along with other horses were in a corral, were being sold. A man was looking at him, probably doing the same thing this man was. I whinnied to Tate, and the man noticed.

"How much for the palomino and this mare?" he asked.
"Hundred and fifty credits."
"I will give you one hundred."
" I said-"
The man cut him off.

"I will give one hundred and that is my final offer."
"Fine the mare and stallion are yours, now pay up buddy."
The man handed him the money, and he slipped off my chain and put a nylon halter on me.

He led me over to where Tate was. I whinnied happily, and Tate whinnied back. The man slipped a bridle on Tate, and got on his back. He rode Tate and led me out of that nasty stable and to his home.