Fifteen

Leigh ran to the bathroom. She ended up throwing up. She groaned as she saw Max standing behind her with Autumn in his arms. "Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at her.

Leigh rolled her eyes. "Do I look like I'm okay? I have my head hunched over the toilet. You're standing there with little madam."

Max smirked. "Come on darling. Mummy is feeling touchy at the moment. Lets go and get you some breakfast."

"I am not touchy!"

Max turned back to her and winked. "Sure you're not. I've made you a coffee downstairs."

Leigh's head went back into the toilet as Max mentioned coffee. Max smirked and carried on walking downstairs.

****

Leigh and Max went into work. Max looked at her. "Maybe you should go back home? You look awful." 

"Thanks Max. I appreciate that."

Max smirked and nodded. "I know. But in all honesty, go home. I'll pick Autumn this afternoon and look after her. You get some rest," Max said.

Leigh looked at him and kissed him. "I'll be fine. I always am," she said as she walked off inside.

Leigh knew she had been feeling awful for weeks. But she didn't know what it was. She knew she couldn't have been pregnant as she and Max were using protection. Both of them knew they didn't want another baby just yet.

Leigh looked up as Tom walked over to her. "Hey. You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I just don't feel too well today. Max and Autumn were taking the piss outta me earlier," Leigh said as she looked at him.

Tom laughed. "You don't think you're pregnant do you?"

"No. Max and I are careful. Especially since Autumn was a little mishap with birth control. So we're definitely careful," Leigh told him.

Tom smirked and nodded. He looked at her. "You do realise that condoms aren't 100% effective right?"

"Duh."

****

Leigh had been thinking about what Tom had said. And how she could have been pregnant. But she knew it wasn't the right time for her or Max at the moment. Especially since Autumn was only seven months old.

Leigh knew that she needed to get a pregnancy test. She needed to know. But she didn't know how Max would react. Leigh groaned and sighed.

****

Max looked up as Leigh walked into the office. He smiled. "Hey. You okay?" He asked as he put down his pen.

Leigh sighed. "I think I'm pregnant. There's just too many consistencies with Autumn and the pregnancy with her."

Max looked to her. "Right. And how do we feel about that?" He asked.

"I don't know. Autumn is only seven months old. And it's not fair to bring another baby into the equation. Especially when she's still little and she won't understand why she doesn't have mummy and daddy's attention. I just... she has to be our main focus," Leigh said.

"What are you saying?"

Leigh sighed as she looked at him. "I don't know. I just don't know if I want another baby. Not yet anyway. It wouldn't be fair on Autumn."

Max smiled and took her hand. He kissed her. "It will be okay. I promise."

Leigh nodded and smiled. But she had no idea just how much everything was going to change.