Lost Stories

Everything has changed, yet nothing has changed since last tale told.

   Many adventures befell the heroes as weeks passed, each warranting time and many verses in their own right. They have been lost however, and therefore can only be relayed in passing.

   In the warrior's corps, Aleksander was earning the reputation of a young lion, fierce and determined, wise and noble. On an expedition, he proved a capable scout and fighter, as well as a loyal follower that sprung to commands despite the dangers his unit encountered. For his prowess, the command of four other hoplites was bestowed upon him. As a scholar, the young man excelled and earned recognition in the eyes of his peers and professors. Final assessments were taking place, and the blonde youth was proving to a bright student in many fields.

   Another development in the hoplite corps was the formation of a special unit. This elite squadron was to train in distance running and navigation, with the purpose of marching many miles in full armor and immediately confronting their enemies. Light-footed and solid, Aleksander had promptly signed his name to the parchment. The training was long and hard, and for many miles the young recruits drank little and marched fast. Very few would pass the harsh test of mind and body, and those few would then be faced with yet another test. The final goal was travel nearly thirty miles at one time in one day, unsheltered from Apollo's chariot or Zephryos' hot breath.

   The Winter's coming and the penultimate test of the first year trainees meant that many would be returning to the lands from which they hailed from. The young warrior had been away from home for many long days and was eager to return.