Chapter 2

When my father left the house to go get groceries at the store, Kyle suggested that we sneak into the basement and take a look inside the room. We walk down the stairs and stand in front of the door. 

“What do you think is in there?” I asked

“I ask the same thing to myself,” Kyle answered nervously.

I grasp the handle and pull it trying to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. I try to pull even harder but still the door wouldn’t open. I look around to see what is stopping the door from opening and suddenly I see a lock under the handle.

“We need a key to get inside,” I said, “we should look around to see if it’s in here.”

“Okay,” Kyle answered

We start to look around but seems that the key wasn’t in here. Perhaps it’s somewhere hidden in the house or maybe my father has. The thought of the possibilities of what may be behind those walls goes through my head over and over trying to figure out this mystery. My father got back home, he put the groceries where they belong and we helped him. 

After we finished eating out meal for tonight, my father was about to head into the basement when my brother asked “Where are you going?”

“Into the basement.”

“To do what exactly?”

“Something you shouldn’t be getting yourself into. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to finish my ‘work’…*leaves quietly*.