𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭

I'm bored.

It's just the usual Monday morning at the hat shop, and as usual, I sat there at the table facing the window. I saw the train passing by, I heard the birds chirping and the market sound so lively. It was as peaceful as ever.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual so I went to the bookstore before going to work. That is the only thing unusual that happened today.

As I was thinking about what should I eat for lunch, I heard giggles from outside the room. I knew this pattern, Howl's castle must be near.

Howl, the wizard that rumored to be dangerous and eat pretty girls' hearts. Well, many witnesses said he's so handsome that even if he didn't ask for it, girls would give their hearts voluntarily. Personally, I'm more curious about the moving castle instead of Howl. Like, how does it move? What it looks like inside? How many people live there? Since it's called a castle, is it as grand as the king's palace?

Suddenly I got taken aback. It's not like I will or want to get close to Howl's castle. So even if I'm curious, this curiosity can never be answered. Also, Howl's castle always wandered around the Waste, and no person in their right mind would voluntarily go to the Waste.

A knock on the door pulled me back from my train of thoughts. I saw my sister, Lettie, standing by the door looking at me with a smile.

"Lunchtime princess", she said showing the basket she brought.

"Go upstairs first, I'll come in a sec", I replied.

"Sure!", she said cheerfully.

After I clean up a bit, I went upstairs and saw Lettie sitting in the dining room with lunch already set up on the table.

"Today's lunch is roasted chicken and apple pie", Lettie said.

"Thanks for the lunch", I said as I sit down on the chair, "but really, you don't have to bring me lunch every single day, I know you're busy too"

"It's okay!! I can also check you up every lunch so it's fine", she replied.

"So, how is it today?", she asked.

"Same as usual, just sewing hat and daydreaming on the counter", I said while cutting the roasted chicken.

"I heard Howl's castle is near here", Lettie said with a serious tone, "don't go out alone when it's dark"

Again. She's being too paranoid.

"Oh come on", I said lightly, "Howl only after pretty girls. Besides, I always go home after the sunset and nothing ever happened. If anything, the one who should be worried, is you"

"Me?", said Lettie looking at me with are-you-serious expression.

"I mean, you're the flower of this town"

Lettie let out a sigh. I bet she has so many things she wanted to say but instead just swallowed it. It's not the first time we had this kind of conversation. It's always ended with me insisted that my sister is the prettiest girl in the whole Market Chipping.

"I warned you", she said.

tbc.