𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟯

I got pulled to another small alley.

I feel like I got hypnotized by this stranger. The small alley corridor that was scary just turned into another dimension. It doesn't feel scary anymore. Instead, It feels safe and calm.

It took me a few seconds before I grasp the situation. Even though he just saved me, he didn't bring me back to the main street. Instead, this stranger pulled me into another dark alley. Did I just got kidnapped?

I tried to free myself from his arms that were on my shoulder. I think he noticed it because he suddenly stopped walking. He rotates my body to face his and grabs my shoulders. Reflectively I let out a strange voice, "whoa". Suddenly his face was just in front of mine. It's so close I can feel his breath. Our eyes met. Even though I can't see myself, I'm pretty sure my face got red.

"Oh, shit", he said.

His face just turned completely disappointed. Like someone who set a 'too' high expectation of something and got the exact opposite of it.

He took his hands off my shoulders and standing straight in front of me. He took a step back with, still, a very disappointed face. I didn't really react to his movement. Not because I didn't feel anything. It's because I felt so complicated.

Just think about it. The guy, well...a handsome guy, that just helped me and was so nice to me until just a second ago, saw my face and swear the second after. I just didn't know how to react. For a good 30 seconds, It's just silence and awkwardness. He kept staring at me, and I had this feeling that I probably shouldn't move. He rested his hands on his hips and sighed.

"U-um..", I mumbled to pop the super-awkward-and-slowly-killing-me silence.

"Thank you for saving me back there. I really appreciate that", I said with a slight smile on my face, "So, I probably go home now"

He still stood there in silence, watching me.

"Goodby-", he grabbed my wrist as I was about to walk away.

He pulled me closer to him, and he said, "That's not nice"

"I'm sorry, what?", I said, confused.

"I helped you, but you're just going to say thank you and leave?", he said in a tone as if he's falsely accused.

"Y-yeah...? If not what should I do? Should I just not saying my gratitude and just leave?", I asked, kind of annoyed.

"Did you just annoyed at me?", he replied. I'm surprised. He's sharper than he looks.

He sighed, again, and continued, "well, I supposed you're not busy", he looked at me from head to toe with a very judging eye.

"You're going with me", he said and smile at me.

"Excuse me?! I'm actually a very busy person", I protested, "I have a job here, I need to be in the shop 10 hours per day for 7 days a week. There's no one in the shop that can handle my job"

"Oh really?", he said in a 'slightly' sarcastic tone, "what job? Sewing twenty hats per day and just blatantly staring at the window?"

I was about to open my mouth to deny when I realize, that is oddly specific.

"Who are you?", I asked.

"I'm a man who is kind enough to give you a better job to do", he said confidently.

"What? I don't need a new job"

"Well, this is not an offer", he looked at me in the eyes as his face comes closer to mine.

"This is an order"

tbc.