Chapter Thirty Five- Humility

In the distance, was a girl hopping, trying to get help. Maddox and Colin quickly chased after her to find her easy to grab.

        Placing her on the ship, they brought her to the bottom which was set up completely in mirrors. She found herself unable to escape the reflection of herself. Ratted hair, running make-up, dirt on her skin, she was unable to handle it. Kicking out, trying to break the mirrors, she grew tired quick before Jennifer walked in the room between a few mirrors.

        "What do you see Serena?"

        "Ugly. Please, I'll tell you anything...just release me...I cannot stand that reflection!" She said tears pouring down her face.

        "Where are the other Artifice members located? I want a written list."

        "That's it?"

        "Tell me."

        And she did. Listing them off as Maddox wrote them quickly. She took a deep breath as she said the final name and location.

        "One more thing..." Ellie said as she tilted her head back and placed something in her mouth. Serena looked at her and stared. Ellie took a pocket watch from her pocket and slowly moved it back and forth. "You will not remember who we are. You will no longer be a member of Artifice and will do only good." She said before stopping the watch completely and the girl fell asleep.

        Maddox lifted her in his arms before making his way off the boat. In the darkness of the night, under the stars, he placed her on a pile of potato sacks before getting back aboard the boat.

        "Next stop." Colin said, pointing to the map. And off they went.