~: EPILOGUE:~

((((((---I KNOW THE PICTURE THEME IS "THE SLEEPING BEAUTY"  BUT I LIKE HOW THE MAN IN THIS PICTURE SHOWS SUCH STRONG EMOTIONS... THAT'S WHY I CHOOSE THIS PICTURE---))))

Paris visited the cave with Alexander and when the mammals asked them to fly. Alexander denied it. Paris couldn't understand why he wouldn't fly with them. She could feel their disappointment. To make them happy she flew with them but the entire time she was doubtful.

"Why didn't you fly with them?"

"I wasn't in the mood to fly, Angel." She could feel him lying as if protecting something. It added to her concerns.

"But you love to fly, Alex."

"Let it go, Paris." He persisted. He was sure his hard tone of voice would discourage her from asking any more questions. She wasn't at all offended by his response. She knew he wasn't irritated with her, the contorted expression on his face reflected the strain he was under—in other words, it was a sensitive topic, so she let it go for now.

~*~

"Terence, he didn't fly? What's bothering him?" Paris was still susceptible to all of Alexander's feelings and emotions, it kept her worried for two days.

"What is he trying to hide from me?" she asked. Terence grew tense.

"He's not hiding. He lost something." Terence already told her more than he intended, he thought.

"Lost? What has he lost?"

"It's not my place to—"

"Terence, you know he won't tell me, and I don't want to nag him about it."

"Still, Miss Noel—"

"Please. I need to know." She pleaded and burst into tears. Terence wasn't at all prepared for that emotional display, he was exasperated, unsettled too. He usually disliked women who cried. The truth was, all his life Terence had never interacted with anyone, besides Alexander. But he always had a soft spot in the corner of his heart for Paris.

It took all the strength for Terence not to let loose, giving her her answer. But... "His wings, Miss Noel."

She gasped in reaction to that statement. "Wh-What? How?"

"He traded them to the Elder sorcerer for your memories."

She looked on in horror at Terence; she knew it too well, kind of been there done that situation. She'd one wing that never sprouted and had to pluck them. And Alexander chopped them for her, she wished she wasn't been the cause of it, but she was.

"Alex...!" Paris sprinted off to see him. Earnest, with a lack of tolerance. She ran on foot though she could have teleported herself.

The hint of her fresh scent so utterly feminine she wore, informed Alexander Paris was coming to him, he was in his office and he was prepared to take her in his arms.

At the same time, he sensed a current of sadness in her, and he was right. Her beautiful eyes were watery. Her lips trembled when she came into view.

"Angel, what's wrong? Why are you—"

She took a deep breath and tried to calm down. She tried really hard not to be a fuss. "How could you Alex!"

"What?" confused Alexander asked her.

She didn't take her gaze away from him. "Your wings." She began to whimper. "Why did you—"

The torment he saw in her eyes made his chest ache. "Oh, that... Come here." He urged and reached out, and took her into his arms lovingly to offer her comfort.