The New Normal part 1

For eighty-five if not ninety percent of a family, the last born are usually the most catered for and recieved the most attention and doting in the family but not in her case. This was how things had always been and will continue to be for her now. it's been five months already and she still hasn't got used to it yet. Every one blames her for what happened to her. Maybe she deserved it, maybe they were all right in thinking this was entirely her fault. After learning about her pregnancy, her parents had pulled her out of school and basically had her locked up not letting her leave the house or go anywhere else so people don't see her. She felt so isolated from everyone and everything, but now things were different, she no longer went out as usual, she lost all her friends and her parents avoided her like a plague. She was stressed dealing with hormones, changes to her body, and studies. It was alot at this point and she had been trying to hold on these months. She thought she would get used to living like a ghost, and her parents and siblings, pointing at her but she just couldn't get used to it, not just yet. She was doing very badly with her studies, she wasn't very brilliant but just below average with school. and now, that she couldn't concentrate and being pulled out of school, she was failing miserably. The home teachers her parents paid to come teach her at home, pretend to be nice and not judge her but no matter how much they try she could see just the little crack of all they held in their hearts but dare not say to her face. Truth was, she was still in denial of the pregnancy. She had never thought that in her life, this would be happening to her. Growing up as the last born, 'the black sheep of a prestigious family of 6 where 4 of them were girls and the other two were boys. Her first born brother Leo is 30 married rightfully to the love of his life, who was from a royal family, with a baby on the way, her second born sister Crystal 27, was engaged about two weeks back to her fiancé whom her parents very much approved of, his father was a former senator in the house of representatives, her third born sister karina 25, was a highly respected popular pilot in the aviation industry, her fourth born sister Sammy 22 in her last year of university abroad, already had a self made business brand, she was a professional photographer for models and celebrities alike she was very well know in the industry, her fifth born brother Bear nicknamed teddybear 18, in the second year in university. A prominent and promising scientist that has won a lot of competitions on behalf of his school, awarded alot of certificates as well, and given lots of scholarships to further his education at Cambridge and harvard and then there's her, Onyx the last born 16, beautiful and flirty but a loose cannon, below average in school, always partying, wearing makeup and skimpy outfits to go sneak clubbing with her friends. Her parents were both chief board of directors at Bellevue Medical Center a private health care center that looks after expecting mothers and abandoned babies prepping them to be adopted into good homes coincidentally. Her parents were highly respected and revered in their community. Her family valued prestige more than anything else. And for the prestige they had spent years building they wouldn't let her ruin it all with this messy situation she found herself in. And they wouldn't have her get an abortion and it had nothing to do with morality but everything to do with prestige. They had told every one who's asked about her that they had sent her to study abroad and had even gone several steps further to photoshop pictures of her in Europe, Paris to be precise, having a jolly good time studying being a designer. Even she was impressed with the time and money they invested on the pictures than herself. If only they had invested this much time on her and got to know her. Well, this was one way to finally get the attention she had been seeking but in the wrong way. This was not going the way she had imagined it would as it stands now, it was all stupid from the start. She should have never imagined that anything would be more important than 'honour and reputation' to those two and more so, nothing changed or if it did, it was more disregard and less than a minute reminder of how she was just not cut out to be a Bunor.