Beginning Of New Things Part 5

Although she had dated a lot, with Dante, it was different. It was like he was the perfect specimen of what she had always wanted. He knew to say and do all the right things. He had taken down all the walls she had built without her even realising that. He had made her feel like she was worthy of being born. Whenever she had a hard time with her family, he was always there to comfort her. He truly was an angel, and he had come into her life exactly the same she needed him. But just when she thought she was at a good place, it all came crashing down with this pregnancy. Like that wasn't enough, news came that Dante and his parents have moved abroad, her parents had arranged everything for him to study abroad. And once again, she's back to her miserable life and even worse as there was no more escape route anymore. She just couldn't take being locked up anymore, and this whole situation was seriously depressing. She just wanted to have her life back. For five months, she's been locked up with very minimal contact with the outside world. The only time she goes out is for antenatal and even at that, her parents had people follow her. She thought she would be able to endure it solely because of Dante. She had been trying to find out about him since she's been locked up. But now that she's found out that he's moved on, what was the point of keeping the pregnancy? And to be fair, she knew her parents were going to be mad, but she really didn't care at this point. Wasn't like their attitude towards her was ever going to change. She needed to get her head together, lose the pregnancy and get back her life. She knew her parents really didn't care what happened to the baby; they just didn't want their reputation, especially in front of the doctors at the hospital they sponsored, to be ruined. Why should she continue to stay in this ridiculous situation when everyone else is just busy moving on and living their lives? She made up her mind; it must be today.

The driver came around, and as usual, she was dressed down with a hat that covered part of her face. Fifteen minutes later, they were at the hospital. She opened the door to Doctor Morka's office

"I want it out," she said as soon as she entered the office

"Good to see you too."

He replied nonchalantly as he took his seat. She plopped down on the seat across from him as he continued.

"I can't say I have missed you."

"Neither have I,"

she replied, staring seriously at him. He moved the file lying on the table to the side, letting his elbows rest on the table as he spoke

"So why now? You had all the time to get rid of it; why so sudden?"

"None of your business; just get rid of it." 

she made sure her eyes held his; he needed to see how deadset she was on this. He sighed and relaxed back in his seat.

"No one is crazy enough to risk pissing off the madam and sir. So I advise you to get that thought out of your head."

She rolled her eyes. She knew he was telling the truth, no one in the hospital would risk going against her parents for anything and that was a fact. She blew a raspberry as she weighed her options. Even though they all feared her parents, there were some of them who hated them to the core and wouldn't hesitate if an opportunity arose to humiliate the family, even when they knew they would never win. However, just having people acknowledge their bravery in fighting against the Brunor's was just that unforgettable extra credit that would go down in history forever.

"Well, since you're here, let's take a look at you and the  little Bean."

It was a nickname for her baby because when she had first seen the ultrasound, it looked like a bean, so now Doctor Morka calls it little bean. She stood up to lay on the little bed at the inner office as Doctor Morka sanitised his hands to do the sonogram. She believed in such a huge hospital; she'd be able to convince at least one of them to help rid her of the pregnancy.

"Seems like someone's a little too excited to meet the outside world."

She scoffs and rolls her eyes; he scoffs back. She turned to look at him

"Say, can you act like the doctor you are? What doctor picks fights with their patients?"

"Just to inform you, in case you haven't noticed, this doctor is only this way to you because you are the most troublesome patient he's ever had. However, he's nice to his other patients because they deserve it."

He smiles maniacally at her, causing her to start itching her body, showing how clearly disgusted she is with his smile.''

"But in all seriousness, you should know someone who'd be willing to go against my parents. Tell me, and I swear this annoying patient will get lost from your site forever."

And she meant it. She knew there had to be a doctor who hated her family with a passion, and the fact that her parents had put her in his care when the other patients he was attending to got moved over to another doctor pissed him off more. She's his only patient and priority, and he wasn't very happy with the whole setup as this was done without his knowledge. She knew he wanted to be rid of her, as she did him. He looked at her as she pulled her top down.

"I can recommend someone, but it's up to you to persuade them."

He pulled out a piece of paper wrote down some things then handed it over to her.

"Piece of cake," 

she said as she took the paper and walked out of the office. On the paper, doctor Morka had written a doctor's name and number of his office. She eventually finds it, knocks and walks in.

"Doctor Udo?"

He nods, and she walks in, pulling her hand for a handshake

"Oynx Bunor, a pleasure.''

 she smiles

He just looks her up and down, his face expressionless as he waits for her to continue.

"Am going to get straight to the point. I want to get rid of my pregnancy, and it looks like you are the only one brave enough to do it. What do you say?"

He looks her over again with that same poker face. The truth was, she was nervous  it would be difficult getting someone else who els-

"So when do we schedule it for?"

That caught her off guard; she wasn't expecting him to agree, at least not that quickly and without asking any questions.

"As soon as possible, on my next antenatal."

"I'll have everything scheduled for then."

She smiled and got up. Just as she was about to step out the door, she ran into an older lady. She looked like she was in her mid-sixties. She was beautiful, but she had baggy eyes and dark circles.  She looked exhausted.

"Watch where you are going." 

Onyx said to her as she walked off. The lady was staring at her, making her uncomfortable. As she got to the car, she shrugged off the weird vibe of running into the old lady. The way she looked at her made her skin crawl. Just as she opened the door of the car to get in, the lady appeared behind her, shutting the door, causing Onyx to spin around, facing the old woman with a huge shock registered on her face.

"What are you doing"?

Her voice came out squeaky and hoarse from shock and fear. Plus, there was something weird about the way the lady stared at her.

"Young lady, please don't do it".....