=1=

"Would you mind telling me what happened?"

"Yeah sure uhm..."

-------------------flash back----------------------

"Hey, keep talking to me okay?"

A staticy laugh came from the other end,
"You're talking to me like I'm dying."

"You could be! I can't tell!"
"'What'd you mean you can't tell?"

"You know why!"
"Oh come on, the tether was cut. How does that fuck it up?"

"The computer thinks the tether is put away, and that you're in the Skeld. It's not showing me your vitals!"

"Oh..."

"Alright... I need you too turn on your light and turn away from the ship."
"M'kay."

"So... what are you going to do when you go back home?"
"Well... I guess I'll brag about how I got you back on the ship."
"Haha... yeah."

"Hey, can you put on 'sign of the times'?"
"You know were not allowed to play music over public channels."
"Oh come on Sykkuno, please?"

Sykkuno sighed,
"Fine, but why?"
"I don't know, just seems fitting."

The music began playing.

"Okay, I've convinced the computer that you're outside... vitals coming back on line in, a couple seconds."

Welcome to the final show, hope you're wearing your best clothes~

"hey why are you turning around?"
"The light isn't going to push me back fast enough."
"Okay but it'll help a little- Corpse turn back around!"

"Just shoot another tether out."
"The ship isn't equipped to do that! Turn around!"
"Look I know you're stoked about knowing that light can move you in space but it's not fast enough."

We never learn, we been here before~

"Just hold on- your vitals are coming on line."
"It's okay."
"Corpse what is okay?"

"Just stop your crying~"
"Corpse are you okay?"
"It's a sign of the times~"

"Your vitals are- ..."
"We gotta get away from here, we gotta get away from here~"
"Corpse why didn't you tell me?! Stop signing you'll have more time!"

O2: 0:21

"Sykkuno you know it's too late."
"No no no- Corpse stay with me!"

Tears began forming in his eyes.
O2: 0:16

"Corpse- Corpse!"
"Remember everything will be alright~"
"Corpse!"
"We can meet again somewhere, somewhere far away from here~"

O2: 0:04

"Sykkuno,"
"Corpse!"
"I love you."

O2: 0:00

"Corpse! Corpse...! Corpse please..."

The last thing he heard was strained gasps as Corpse's wave slowed. The pain of looking out that window... it was terrible- worse than that, yet he couldn't figure out how to say.

-------------------flash back over--------------

"I'm so sorry, do you want a moment?"
"No... it's okay." Sykkuno answered as he wiped his face.
"Alright... and you said ever since then you've been hearing voices?"

"Yes."
"Voices of guilt? Do you think it's your fault he passed?"

"No... I hear his voice."
"Ah, and... what do you hear him say?"

"I don't know how to explain... it's, it's like... I guess what he would say if he was still here."
"Mhm. Do you ever acknowledge those voices?"
"No, I... it just makes me... sad, when ever I hear them."

"Oh come on! Don't cry!"

"...Just heard him."
"What'd he tell you?"

"He told me not to cry."

-------------------time skip----------------------

The sound of keys jingling in the door became louder as it opened, Sykkuno stepped inside his apartment. He set the keys down on a counter next to a small potted plant. Normally every piece of flora in his home glowed a bright, lively green but, today Sykkuno's world seemed dark and monotone.

"So what are you gonna do tonight?"

There it was again, that stupid voice! Sykkuno couldn't stand it, he hated it, it only rubbed in the fact that Corpse was gone. He hated it, hated him for not telling him he was not okay, he hated Corpse, just as much as he loved him. Every time he thought about it he knew how cliché it sounded and it only made it worse.

Sykkuno's phone chimed, probably someone asking him if he wanted to play a game, or... an iphone software update. It's like everything was trying to make him feel worse today, he set his phone down with his keys and threw himself onto his couch. He felt like crying but he'd cried so much today already he felt he'd run out of tears to cry.

Then he had the feeling of something touching his back, the soft tingling feeling you have when your shirt sits on you the wrong way. Sykkuno turned to get rid of the sensation, it didn't leave and he felt as if he was being watched.

He knew he wasn't, he'd been imagining things since forever ago. Both of those things combined made everything worse, every time he thought his mind was done playing tricks on him it somehow came up with another way to make him feel even more alone.

"Hey, cheer up!"
"Leave me alone!" He knew shouting at a made up voice wouldn't help him but he was tired of it. The silence afterward was more noticeable, it was like the noises you hear subconsciously suddenly became apparent and dissipated.

"I'm sorry..."

Well now he knew he was going insane. The voices are responding, and he felt guilty about it.

The silence became deafening, Sykkuno tried listening for the sound of the AC or passing cars but he heard nothing.

He was alone.