=10=

(Just to clarify, Jack in this story is not jacksepticeye.)

"So, are you sure you can do this T?" Jack asked as he laid back in his chair.

"Yeah I can." Sykkuno replied, "No, I will." he thought.
"And, I've never heard anyone call me "T"."

"Oh- do you not like it I can stop if-"
"Oh no! It's just different! It's fine!" Sy laughed nervously as Ethan motioned him too switch channels.

"What is it commander?"
"Well Paige has been crunching the numbers and... with the fuel we have left there's a very high chance we'll either miss The Skeld, or crash into it." Ethan sighed as he spoke, he turned to Lillian who only nodded in response.

"Sir... how high of a chance?" Sykkuno asked as flatly as he could. He wanted to reassure the rest of the crew that they'd be fine but he wasn't too sure of it himself.

"About 1 in 150."

The crew stayed quiet, Sykkuno felt as if the weight of self-doubt hit him hard in the stomach. Sykkuno only nodded and turned back too his console.

-------------------flash back----------------------

"C'mon! We've been trained for every possible situation, the systems been practically perfected, and we have you! What could go wrong?"

"What do you mean! So many things could go wrong and how am I going to do anything?!"
"Sy, calm the hell down."

He felt himself being pulled into a tight embrace.
"You're going to be fine."

"What about you?"
"Oh don't worry about me, your the flower of the group!"

"What does that mean?" Sykkuno's confused, half-yell made the other man laugh slightly.
"You're needy and you love plants."

"I'm needy?"
"Well, not exactly... you're just very... you act attention deprived. You're always asking for hugs."

"Do I?" Sy pulled away and thought back, "Am I really? I didn't think I was but maybe-"
"Hey don't worry it's fine with me." He was brought back into their hug.

"I thought of another nickname for you besides "Sy"." Sykkuno looked up and hummed with a questioning tone.
"What do you think about being my little morning glory." They looked into each other's eyes, Sy liked the name, he had grown a couple back home.

"I love it, should I think of something new for you, or should I still just call you "Corpse"?" Sy and Corpse laughed slightly.
"I don't care."

"But I also don't want you too worry about this mission okay?"
"Okay, I'll try."
"I'll always be right beside you when you need me,"

"you have nothing too worry about."

-------------------flash back over--------------

"Thomas, you've got 5 minutes." Jack reported, Sykkuno hadn't even heard when Jack had called out for 10.
"What- Oh, okay."

"Are you sure you got this?" Jack asked again.
"I can do this." Sy answered, doing his best to push away all his fear, but mostly failing.

"You can do this Sy." Corpse's voice came out of no where yet, it helped calm Sykkuno.
"I know you can."

The airlock to the crew's drop-ship was on it's port side (left of the ship), Sy would have to fly the ship parallel to The Skeld. He'd have nothing to rely on besides the edge of the window and the monitors.

Sykkuno began rotating the ship and The Skeld slowly moved further and further out of view.
"Moving 256 mph, 17 miles from The Skeld." Lillian called out.