Chapter 4

As Julian opened his eyes, his hands and feet were tied; he tried to move. No matter how many times he tried to move, he can't escape. Moments went by, and he saw a person; they looked like a doctor but. Julian saw that there holding something. It looks like fresh meat off the grocery store except, Julian had a feeling that this wasn't right.

"Why are they holding food in a place like this?"

Julian asked himself; a second later, the doctor tried to cut his forehead apart. Julian felt the blade cutting him. It was painful. He screamed at the top of his lungs; the person didn't seem to be bothered. And then they started to inject something into him.

"Please stop!"

He woke up. He was on Zenon's lap.

"You're finally awake."

"Where are we?"

As he spoke, Akira showed up holding a bottle of water and a medkit.

"Are you hurt?"

She asked. Julian shook his head and said,

"I'm fine."

Akira gave him the bottle of water and began to bandage Zenon. The commander walks into the tiny room. She stared at Julian.

"Zenon told us everything. Can you explain it to us?"

"I-I don't know..."

He replied. She grabbed him by his shoulder, their eyes met.

"I understand that you are scared; could you please tell us what the things you remembered?"

His mouth was shaking. He opened it with difficulty.

"Froze...E-everything froze, I-I saw bullets, I-I grabbed the gun, A-and I fired it..."

They both stared at each other's eyes; her cold green eyes startled Julian. She stood up and looked at Gareth.

"Gareth, I want you to help me with this situation."

He agreed. Both of them went to the tent, leaving the rest outside.

"Can someone please tell me where we are?"

"We burned the office."

Apollo said he looked at Julian's eyes.

"What do you mean everything froze?"

"I-I don't know..."

Apollo smiled at Julian.

"Well, shall we lighten the mood?"

Julian nods.

"What kind of movies do you like?"

"...."

"He hasn't watched any movies."

Zenon answered. Apollo chuckled at him,

"How would you know?"

"Are you serious? He's been a slave his whole life; no one would let him watch."

"He's like us."

Both of them stared at each other.

"What are you talking about?"

Apollo's eyes went cold; he smiled at him.

Akihiko jumped out of the blue and spoke.

"I like romance movies! It makes my heart run so fast, and it makes me smile!"

"That's the reason why I don't have my phone."

Akira teased Akihiko.

"Hey! We share everything, ok?"

"I didn't agree to that."

While Aki is teasing Akihiko, Zenon and Apollo are still staring at each other.

"I would love to watch movies with you guys."

Julian smiled at them.

"Someday, we can do that."

Zenon said. Apollo chuckled.

"Didn't expect the king of coldness to say that."

"Want me to tie your hair again?"

"Oh no! What am I going to do?"

Apollo laughed. Zenon stood up and tried to grab Apollo's hair. Both of them ran while the others laughed at them.

"King of coldness?"

Julian questioned,

"Well, most of the time, he doesn't talk to us. He stares at us, plus he rarely speaks."

"I see."

After talking, the commander came back; she gave Julian a pocket watch.

"This is for you."

"What do I do with this?"

"Gareth and I talked about what happened earlier. He came up with a hypothesis that you are also gifted. So we're testing it."

The commander explained. She grabbed her phone and called someone. Julian examined the watch; it was rusty and old, but he kept it inside his pocket.

After the commander's call, she told everyone.

"We're going to another building at the north. That's the only other safe place."

Everyone places their hand to their chest and nods.