My Savior Pt.2 (Wendy Marvell)

A/N; Just a continued friendly reminder that this is NOT a ship. Nica, my oc, and Wendy have a very large age gap. (Yes I'm aware Wendy is well over 12 however I don't enjoy that trope of "Oh she's blablabla despite what she looks like so it's not illegal" plus my character doesn't really have the desire nor capacity to have romantic attraction.)

"All of our friends in Fairy Tail are in danger because the King of Edolas is gonna use them as a bomb!"

"I don't know if you noticed, but Edolas has islands that float in the sky. There's a bunch of 'em. Apparently Extalia's magic power is what keeps them afloat," Lucy stated. "What's more, the book I read said that it's what maintains the magical balance of this entire world.'

"And you think that our guildmates might be stuck on one of those floating islands." Gray added. Wendy watched Carla in worry, and Nica watched Wendy worry behind her. 

"Yes, they're on one very close to Extalia. Both Extalia and the lacrima containing our friends are floating in the skies above the royal city which is where we are now." Everyone stared at Carla. 

"The royal army is planning to hit that floating island with a bunch of Dragon Slayer magic. They wanna speed it up so it'll crash directly into Extalia." Nica places a hand on Wendy's shoulder, the distress in the girl's voice upsetting her. Lucy gasped. 

"What'll happen then?" Gray asked. 

"They're saying when their powers collide, it's gonna cause a gigantic explosion in the sky, and their magic will fuse together. Then magic power will rain down on the kingdom forever!" Wendy couldn't look up. She stayed staring at the ground. 

"But if that happens then all our guildmates will-" Lucy started.

"-Be lost forever." Gray finished. The fear in the eyes of everyone, minus Nica, was clear. Footsteps started approaching, attracting the groups attention. "Hear that? Someone's coming."

"The guards?" Lucy asked. The footsteps kept approaching, and fast. 

"We'll see." Gray got into a fighting stance, as did Lucy, the two prepped to fight whatever was coming their way. 

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" A screaming Natsu came running through, looking sick to his stomach and flames coming out of his mouth as he practically flew through the room. 

"YOU SCARED US NATSU!" Gray yelled right back.

"DID YOU SEE THAT?! THERE WERE TWO ERZA'S!! AS IF ONE WASN'T ENOUGH! IT'S TERRIFYING!!! A SHOWDOWN BETWEEN THOSE TWO MONTERS?! IF THAT'S THE CASE THE WORLD IS DOOMED I TELL YA!" Natsu was panicking, amusing anyone who wasn't in the current group's situation. He stopped, though, once he saw Gray, staring at the other man for a long while. He wigged out, pointing at him. "ARE YOU MY GRAY OR WEIRD GRAY?!" He yelled. Lucy looked exhausted as she stood just between them, and Gray looked unamused. 

"I don't know what you're talking about but if you don't cool it you're gonna get a left hook to the jaw pyro."

"That answers that." Lucy chimed. "It's pretty obvious he's Earthland Gray." 

"It's you?!" Natsu asked in utter shock, backing away comedically. Wendy, Carla, and Nica just silently watched in the back.

"A bunch of stuff happened and now I'm here. Erza and Gajeel too." He half-heartedly explained. 

"Happy's taking him to stop the lacrima." Lucy continued for Gray.

Poor Wendy felt the sudden realization, and looked at the group before her. "Huh, you're the real Gray??!" She squeaked. "Why didn't you say so?"

Gray looked...forlorn, to say the least. Even Nica would've laughed if she had wanted too. "What? You mean you just now noticed?" Carla asked. 

"I get it. You didn't recognize me because it's so dark down here right? It's not because I'm some lame-o who's practically invisible to you." More like poor Gray. Lucy popped in.

"Would you quit sulking?"

"Wait a second, did you just come down and save us a minute ago? Oh and you're okay too Lucy!" Natsu smiled.

"I guess all you Dragon Slayers are oblivious, huh?" Lucy snapped.

"I'm sorry I offended you Gray I didn't mean to I promise! Thank you so much for saving us!" Wendy bowed at Gray multiple times. Nica grunted behind Wendy, her own little -_- face plastered on as she watched Gray sulk and Lucy chastise Natsu. 

"Eh, don't mention it." He said, still in that weird pose. 

"I didn't forget about you, Carla! Thanks for coming to my rescue again, you're the greatest!" She hugged Carla happily, then looked up. "Oh, and you too Nica! I don't know what I would've done without you guys!"

"Dude, your shirtless in front of the kid, not cool." Natsu pointed out.

"I am? When did that happen?"

"You've been that way from the start Gray." Added in Lucy. Nica removed her cloak, throwing it in Gray's face as she covered Wendy's eyes. Gray managed to find a shirt and give Nica her cloak back.

"You guys ready? Let's go find the King and stop him from crashing that lacrima!"

"Yeah!" "Yeah!" Both Gray and Lucy said. Nica simply nodded. Natsu stopped them in a hurry, though. 

"No wait, we can't go that way it's where the two monsters are fightin'!" He turned and pointed. "This way!"

"We can't just leave Erza to fend for herself!" Lucy pushed, watching Natsu. 

"Do you wanna get in the middle of that?" Gray pointed out.

"You know you make a good point." Lucy, Gray, and Natsu all rushed forward, Nica following until she noticed that Wendy wasn't behind them. She stopped, making her way towards the girl and her Exceed. 

"Carla," She started. "I think the three of us should make our way back to Extalia." She said seriously, looking towards the small cat and tall woman. 

"Uh! That's foolish!" Carla protested.

"We need to warn 'em about the royal army's plan and help everyone escape!" Wendy countered. 

"I don't understand I thought we were going to stop the attack." 

"There's no way we can let the King just do whatever he wants! I know Natsu and the others will stop him. But, what if the King and his royal army has other weapons we don't know anything about! This is the only chance we have to warn 'em! They have the right to know their citizens could be in danger!"

"No! I'm not going back! I couldn't care less about what happens to those horrible creatures." Carla stared at the ground. Wendy knelt down in front of Carla. 

"You know this has nothing to do with being human or Exceed. You understand what I'm saying, right, Carla? Nica?" The little girl turned to look up at Nica. The woman had a certain look on her face, and she nodded. 'Wendy. You're becoming a lovely adult.' She thought to herself, as she saw the determination and care in the younger girl's eyes. "If there's something we can do as fellow living beings, then we have to do it. 

'Save the Exceeds?' Carla thought about the ones who let them stay, who fed and took care of them even if for just a moment. She looked at Wendy, who looked right back at her with her big heart on show in her gray/brown eyes. 

"I promise I'll always be right by your side. No need to be afraid. Kay?" Wendy tilted her head, offering the biggest, kindest smile she could. This is why Nica protected Wendy. She protected the young girl's smile, she protected the kind heart that she got to witness on a daily basis, who looked at the damaged woman she thought herself to be and hugged her tight and told her she was grateful for her to be there. Who didn't care about her past or what was wrong with her brain. 

"Fine, I'll go."