2. Indecently Cool

One Snowy morning. Dark and gloomy.
                          ...........
"Ren wake up. It's become too boring already. You sleep in every single day. Everyday, Everyday, Everyyy Dayyyy.....Yukhhhh..."

"Ahhh your speech is incomprehensible, yer gcs seems to have dropped terribly low. Your brain must be underventilating. Stop talking for a moment. Breathe. Breathe...."

"Funny, haha, very. Get out of bed now. We have a test."

"No way. A test. On a day this cold. Have they lost it? I am not going. And Ohhh Jess i just realised something."

"Pay me back for the emotional damages your crazy realisations have been causing me for the past decade before spouting some new nonsense."

"Ah no it's for real this time. So i think our homeroom teacher has had vasectomy. How come he keeps making us tests in his ripe age to date, must be sterile i tell ya tsk tsk poor guy, he is so polite, he is not wild enough. No no. He is sterile. He has to be. Yes?"

"Prime age to date?" (Dying of laughter)

"Ripe Age to Date!!!"

"Okay then Mr. RAD the former mr. Ryan is sterile.... now are we going or not?"

"I'm hungry though. Screw mr. RAD"

"I'll bring in breakfast, go hit the showers super fast. By the byyy, RAD is such an eye candy. He is a pretty doll. I think he could sing well too. His voice is charming. Oh and we ran out of conditioner heh."

"No frizzy shit. Ehhh i'll iron them then."

"You skip the test then. I am not going to miss mr. RAD the pretty boy's visuals for a petty test. Ohhh damnn..." (staring at her phone)

"What happened oi?"

"Sir Taylor the baldy has died last night in covid icu. New director shall be paying his respects in the mourning assembly the day after tomorrow."

"Poor Taylor. He wasn't too bad. But it's been a month since he was put on vent. It's a miracle he survived this long."

"You look like you are about to cry."

"I was born sad. I ran out of chocolates and i have no allowance left either."

"I'll buy you some tonight." (Both sat down silently praying for the late director, reminiscing the orientation day Taylor had introduced them to college dorm rules and later when he came down with coronona and went critical. Everybody in the cafeteria was teary. Strict he was, but he was not a bad person.)

.......

On their way to class.

"Jess did they not mention who could be taking charge for us the negligible pushovers? "

"They kind of did but.."

"Hmm? Hmmm?"

"Kim. Your father."

(Ren felt her heart cracked like a mirror.)
"Why? Why really what for? The demon is acting like philanthropist? He left his own daughter to rot as an orphan. So then why?"
(Ren began hyperventilating in anxiety. She was dumped in the live-in school for orphans that was upgraded to college by mr. Taylor. She was too young to walk on her own back then. The disgusting look her father threw at her back then while departing scared her so much that she developed a conversion disorder and lost her voice for years. Jess was compassionate and mature for her age and helped Ren with the speech therapy, she became the only family Ren ever needed.)

"Calm down Ren(grabs her collar). Look at me. I'm here for you. Slow down. Calm down. Ren!!! (Slaps awake Ren)"

Ren holds her breath and bursts into tears. Jess grasps her hand tightly and cries a tear or two herself as well.