AT MY WORST (18+++++)

Hello there beautiful people! I am back for one last time with the longest story I've ever written.

This chapter will be divided into 3 parts which I'll be posting in the next 3 days. So gear up and get ready for an adventure. This story has a dark theme so reader discretion is advised.

It has all the high voltage drama and all the serendipity ⭐

∆∆∆Highly dark theme in certain portions. Those who want to skip can go ahead.

Please don't forget to leave your comments along the chapter and your vote. :)

~~~~~

The investors had just finished their meeting and the man who presented the entire plan along with his team left them floored. His magnetism and charm, multiplied with his elegance had them convinced to a T and he had bagged the contract for his firm. Harshad Chopda, a 28 year old entrepreneur who had made it to the top at a very young age.

Starting his career as an investment banker, he now had setup his own firm and had just managed to get a huge sum of investment for the same. His hardwork and diligence were acknowledged and appreciated since he was young.

His parents were avid travelers and because they couldn't take him along, he spent his childhood in boarding schools and was mostly alone. Right after finishing school, he had managed to get admission in Yale and had moved to US. He never had real friends and mostly spent the time in his own company. Not like he didn't want anyone to be by his side, but things never worked in his favor. He felt detached from everyone around and  had become a workaholic, not appreciating the little things that brought happiness.

There was one moment in his life where he thought his life would change for the better and he deserved to be loved but even that was taken away from him and now he just felt hollow. Nobody could replace the void and ease the tightness in his chest. Yet, he remained the most humble and kind soul that could exist. And now, 4 years of staying in New York, this city was his home.

His team had managed to convince him to join along and celebrate their victory. They all had been drinking and dancing as the night went dark and the club, Black Flamingo was flooded with more and more New Yorkers. Harshad just felt out of place and wanted to get away as soon as possible. A woman probably in her early 20s approached him and indulged him in a conversation. Her black sultry dress grabbing eyeballs of many men around but her eyes were set on this particular man. However, she couldn't seem to understand him and he was probably not reading the signals she was giving either. Moving closer, she ran her fingers down his thigh and whispered in his ear as Harshad gulped and stared blankly at her. Giving her a cold stare, he got up.

He whispered something to his secretary and left picking up another bottle of beer. He didn't need sex. He needed someone who could stare deep into his soul and erase all the darkness. But maybe that was too much to ask for. Instead of driving, he decided to take a walk home.

Lost in his thoughts, he took another gulp of his beer as he walked along the sidewalk on the Manhattan Bridge. Pondering upon his life, he looked up at the sky to find nothing but darkness. There were no stars and he couldn't help but smile at the melancholy sadness that engulfed his heart. He made a wish to find no one in particular but peace and threw the bottle down the river from the bridge. And just like that, he saw a shooting star cross the dark sky and a ray of hope flickered across his heart.

Deciding to continue his way back home, he turned around to walk. He had taken a few steps when he saw a shadow and as he looked to the right, a dark figure appeared. Ignoring it, he continued walking when he heard a crash and he immediately looked back to find a lady trying to climb on top of the bridge and a broken bottle of grey goose lying down.