The origination. (1)

"The Array is ready."

"Perfect. Start it up, make sure it leads somewhere far from where we are."

"Of course."

                                ***

A clad in red and black robes was goofing around with the ducklings behind him. Despite the rules, Wei WuXian was an exception since Lan WangJi suggested it. -And because he was his spouse. (The Lans agreed with it.)

"Haha!- Oof!" Wei WuXian hit his forehead on the tree branch.

"Senior Wei!"

"Baba!"

Lan SuZhui looked at him with panic and horror, while Lan JingYi and Jin Ling laughed their asses off.

Wei WuXian rubbed the aching forehead and whine at the same time. "That was an ouchie~" he earned a couple of rolling eyes when he said that. He sat down and leaned at the Tree, spreading his arms wide for a hug.

The three Juniors' faces lit up and ran towards it. Melting at the warm embrace.

Wei WuXian sighed, patting their heads lovingly. "Look at you three, all grown up. Yet, you still act like little ducklings following their mama duck everywhere." He chuckled.

Jin Ling protests, "We're not!"

Wei WuXian hummed. "Oh, shush. You love my hugs and all. Just admit it. And, you're following me everywhere like I'm your mother!"

When he received no response, he looked beneath him and saw that the three fell asleep. He smirked. "See? You do love it."  He continued patting their heads until he fell asleep too.

                                ***

It was mid-noon. The four were still sleeping. Still huddle up around Wei WuXian.

The passerby would coo at the cuteness, the display was truly adorable that if one would have to take a glimpse at it, their heart would melt.

While the others were happy to see that the uncle and nephew, Wei WuXian and Jin Ling finally made up.

They both didn't have a smooth relationship at first, especially with Jin Ling since Wei WuXian his uncle, killed his mother. But, after he found out the very truth in Guanyin Temple- he forgave him. That was where their relationship finally recovered.

Soft footsteps appeared out of nowhere, heading towards the sleeping figures. It was none other than Lan WangJi. The first one to take up from their slumber was Lan SuZhui.

"Hang- A-Die." His voice stammered. Voice tired and drowsy.

Lan WangJi internally smiled, "SuZhui, go back to your dorm if your feeling tired, bring JingYi with you."

Lan SuZhui yawned and nodded, he stood up and carried Lan JingYi on his back, waving goodbye at his father, and went towards their dorm.

Lan WangJi watched them go. Then, he looked back at Jin Ling and Wei WuXian. He sighed softly. Admiring the two. The last thing he would do was to wake them up.

                                 ***

They reached the Jingshi, Carrying Jin Ling with them.

Once they were inside, he quickly placed Jin Ling and Wei WuXian on the bed. Contented, he sat on his table and began to read, waiting for the two to wake up.

Since Lan WangJi finished his Chief Cultivator duties, he can do anything without any interruptions.

Wei WuXian mumbled in his sleep then, he sneaked a hand on Jin Ling's and hugged him. The other seemed to be unbothered by the tight hug as he turned around and hugged the one who was hugging him. Now, the two were hugging, finding warmth in each other.