chapter 15

'Breathe.'

A sound, a high pitch, and then silence.

It's painful.

'In...'

Tossing between sheets.

Cold feet. Stuck.

'...and out.'

Someone touching.

It hurts.

'Breathe.'

A bright light.

Turn it off.

'Calm down.'

Who said that?

The voice is familiar.

'Open your eyes.'

It's too bright.

It's too hard.

'I'll turn the lights off for you.'

Finally, able to see.

What is this place?

____________________________________________________________________________

Peter wakes up early the next morning. It's 7am, which means he has an hour and a half left before he's expected to be on the dining floor. It's Easter, so he quickly texts a "happy Easter!" to May. Then he makes a text for MJ: "Good morning, детка. Happy Easter! I hope you're alright and I want to see you soon." but he decides that he has time enough to visit her and doesn't send the text.

He gets out of his bed, feeling numb. Why did they have to take MJ, and not someone else? What does all of this mean? Is MJ ever going to be the old MJ again? He doesn't want to lose her. He loves her, he doesn't want anything bad to happen to her, but now... Now it's on him. So he has to make it up to her.

Sighing, he puts on clothes. What can he do to make his girlfriend feel better?

And then he knows how to. He's going to watch a murder documentary with her. Or maybe something hilarious. What about both? Murder but funny. What kind of show is that?

~~~

Harley wakes up at the crack of dawn, just like yesterday, because he's not used to the new time zone. (Actually, he'd wake up later than everyone else if that's true but just bare with me.) He slowly puts on clothes, and plans to check on MJ. While he doesn't know her that well, or at all, for that matter, he wants her to be okay. That's better for everyone, like for Peter. He's been so tense since his girlfriend is gone, Harley can't see his friend being so anxious.

After he brushes his teeth, he falls on his bed again. If he arrives at Banner's place, what's he going to do or say? 'Hi, Bruce! I don't know MJ at all but I want to check on her. Is that possible?' No, that's weird. Oh, well. He'll come up with a plan on his way.

~~~

Ned wakes up early like he always does. Usually, he works on some coding before school, but today he wants to check on his friend. Poor MJ, Ned can't believe what Flash did to her. He does want to be bitten as well, though. MJ getting powers and with Peter being Spider-Man, he's the only one from the trio who doesn't have powers, and it sucks. He's the Guy In The Chair, but what does that mean?