03

Chapter three Quidditch and HalloweenDelaney's POV:My first year of Hogwarts was going great

Chapter three
Quidditch and Halloween
Delaney's POV:
My first year of Hogwarts was going great. I was enjoying it so much. I had grown rather close to Ron and Hazel. Hazel was my best friend but I'd consider Ron to be my best friend as well. Harry was also pretty nice to me. Hermione was a bit uptight but was still nice. The seasons were changing and it was starting to get cooler. I pulled my sweater closer to my body. Ron had invited Hazel and I to sit with him at the Gryffindor table at lunch. As we sat down, some of the other kids' eyes were on us. "Who're your friends, Ron?" An older boy with red hair said. "This is Delaney and Hazel. They're in Hufflepuff. This is my older brother Percy." I had seen Percy in the halls before. He was a prefect. I just didn't know his name. I nodded at him and said "hi." "Hello." Hazel sat down next to me and greeted him. I put some food on my plate and felt a piece of paper hit me in the face. I looked around the room to see nobody looking at me. I didn't bother to open up the piece of paper as I poured myself some pumpkin juice. Another piece of paper hit me in the face. I looked up to see Fred laughing at me. George nudged him and said something in his ear. "Just a joke." Fred said. I nodded and looked down at my plate, feeling slightly embarrassed. "Leave her alone, Fred." Ron said to his older brother. Fred rolled his eyes and said "it's a joke, mate." I noticed George whisper something in his ear again. "Leave her alone." Percy said. "M'not doing anything. I was only joking with her." Fred replied. "Ignore him. Him and George are pranksters. You'll most likely be victim to their pranks. I know I have." Ron said as he bit into a roll. Hermione pushed her hair out of her face and huffed. "Why've you got so many books?" Harry asked. "I have to study. I actually want to learn spells." Hermione stated as she set a stack of books on the table next to her. Another piece of paper hit me in the face. I jumped and looked up at Fred who mouthed "open it." I picked up the crumbled piece of paper and opened it.

I'm not making fun of you, I promise. It's just a joke. I throw paper at everyone.

I smiled at the paper and smiled at him. Fred winked at me and went back to talking to George and another boy who I learned was named Lee. I looked up at the pumpkins floating around the Great Hall. I giggled at them and Ron said "do you like Halloween?" "It's one of my favorite holidays. Besides Christmas." I said. "Oh, I love Christmas! Even though we don't get much at Christmas, it's still so much fun. Mum makes hot cocoa and it snows. And I get to spend time with my brothers and sister." "That must be fun. To have a big family to spend Christmas with." Ron nodded and said "yep, I really do enjoy it. Most people don't like our family but it is what it is. I'm proud to be a Weasley." I smiled and said "well, you should be. It's nice to have a big family. And who cares if people like you or not. I like you. You're my friend. And your siblings that I've met, are nice too." Ron smiled at me and said "thanks, Laney." "Laney?" I questioned. "I heard Aiden calling you that. Is it ok if I do the same?" I nodded and Ron smiled really big. "Can I call you Ronnie?" My voice was soft. Ron looked down while smiling, his cheeks turning pink. "No one's ever called me Ronnie before." "If it's too weird, I don't have to." "No, I like it. It's cool." I nodded and the two of us couldn't wipe the smiles off our faces.