Goat

I promised myself that I would stop. I worked so hard to quit but never had a real reason to until I was pregnant with Melanie. Who knew that she'd be the reason that I would start again?

17 years ago my boyfriend and I were madly in love. I was in my early 20's and we decided to run away. Not only did I go against my parent's wishes, I went against God. Melanie was conceived out of wedlock, and I tried to convince him to marry me. Sadly, he refused and left me with a baby and a shattered heart. I was soiled in the eyes of The Lord, for 3 months I went to church every night and prayed for forgiveness.

Not long after I met a man named Ben, and we quickly grew fond of each other and a year later we had my second son, Michael. Ben left to serve in the war and sadly never make it back.

I should have prayed harder.

There I was, smoking for the first time in seventeen years. Laying on my bed, I had failed as a mother. My children were going to hell and we're going to be in heaven alone. What good was paradise without them? Is paradise without the ones you love truly paradise at all?

I opened my drawer to get another cigarette-maybe even the air freshener- when I found a slip with a number. I immediately recognised it as the ice cream man's number. What was his name?

I picked up the phone and dialled his number, it rang, and his southern American accented voice answered.

"Y'ello!"

"Hi, this is... Well, you probably don't remember me but you gave me free ice cream yesterday?"

"Oh! Yeah, I remember you, darling. Hey, do you wanna come over tomorrow night?"

After I accepted his invitation he gave me his address. We agreed to meet at 7:00, maybe dating will help me rekindle my relationship with God.

When I woke up in the morning the next day I decided to take a walk around town, my mind wandered off. Memories of my marriage began to resurface as I walked by a dress store, a beautiful violet dress was portrayed on the window, beside it, a shimmering white wedding gown quite similar to the one I wore on the night Ben and I consummated our marriage.

A very attractive man jogged by me and the most perverse thought came to mind. I fantasized myself telling him to stop, he turned around and grabbed me by the waist. He pushed me against the glass which showcased the dresses. I grabbed his rear as he pushed his tongue inside my mouth. I would usually punish myself for such thoughts but I let these thoughts flow inside my mind.

He arrived at 7:10, and drove me over to his house.

"Make yourself comfortable." He said while heading to the kitchen. He came out with a pastry dish and asked me if I wanted anything.

"A glass of wine would be fine." I should have settled for water.

"What a beautiful necklace," he said handing me the goblet. I was wearing the small necklace I confiscated from Melanie. We drank and talked a bit about our lives, I never found out how someone so attractive became an ice cream man. He lived in a nice house, had a nice body and he mentioned a daughter in college. It didn't add up to me.

He took me to his room where he grabbed me by the waist and slowly caressed me. I removed his button-down shirt and he,  in a fell swoop, took off my pants to reveal a beautiful, comforting, thong.