The First One (2/?)

TW for: 

Character death, murder, cannibalism 

Tell me if I missed anything and enjoy:D 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry, it's been enough, Roman. I'm done."

And then I did it. It felt like everything was going in slow motion.

My hand holding the weapon moved rapidly to Roman's chest, I felt the blade pierce his skin and flesh, going deep into his body. I watched as I saw the white blouse he was wearing slowly get stained red with his own blood.

A choked noise came from him as he fell to his knees, blood spilling out of his mouth.
He looked up at me with those deep brown eyes that seemed to capture everyone around me, reflecting the person I hated the most.

Roman spoke his last words, his voice hoarse and soft. "I- I love you" He managed to say before coughing loudly and falling face first on the wooden floor by my feet.

A puddle of blood started to form around him, I just stared at him, seeing him breath his last breath before laying there, completely still.

It looked like he was sleeping if you ignored the blood.

But he wasn't. Not really. And I knew it.

--------

Shit.

It took five minutes of me staring at his corpse for me to realize what I had done. God fucking damn it I killed him. I did it.

I could feel the tears starting to form in the corner of my eyes.

Fuck, fuck, fuck,I had to hide him.

My breathing started picking up speed as I started to spiral into a panic.

Where was I going to hide him? What was I supposed to do? How am I supposed to live like this?

So many questions flew into my head like a target getting hit by thousands of archers. It was too much, I had to calm down, I had to stay calm or I would be screwed even more.

I took a deep breath and brought my thoughts in line, first thing first. Clean up and hide him.

My body started to move by itself, it didn't feel like I was in control anymore. I was stuck in my head, witnessing my own feet take me to the left side of the kitchen, my hands opening a cabinet and taking out a towel. I was taken back to his body, kneeling down in front of him to clean up the blood. It felt like some force had taken over my body and took take of the things that needed to be done.

It only took me fifteen minutes.

Fifteen minutes to clean him and put him in the biggest bag I had.

Fifteen minutes to put him into my car trunk and drive away.

Fifteen minutes to arrive at the forest, the forest he would never leave.

--------

And now I'm here.

Sitting in the middle of the forest by a seething fire, a fire being kept alive by the dead. I sat there fiddling with my fingers, staring into the flames, watching Roman cook above them.. There was no other way. I couldn't bury him, I couldn't burn him, this was the only way. That's what I told myself at least.

Twenty minutes passed, twenty minutes of that mind rotting silence.

Well until I heard footsteps coming from behind me creeping closer and closer. The leaves and sticks cracked under what or whoever's feet became louder by every step. My first thought was that maybe a bear was sneaking up behind me. The idea didn't bother me much.

I didn't care anymore. The bear could kill me and I'd be fine. I'd maybe even thank it.

But it wasn't a bear.
It was a person. It was him.

He sat down next to me, looking into the fire with me.

I glanced over to him and immediately recognized his eyes. His mesmerizing golden eyes with the flames reflecting in his pupils making his eye color look like silk. His eyes captured me, they seemed like two orbs of pure gold, shining and pulling me in. I had that same feeling as earlier that day. The safe and warm feeling, the entranced and fascinated by them.

We sat there for ten minutes in silence. Him looking into the flames as I stared into his enchanting eyes.

He broke the silence. "I see you're having a meal by yourself. Mind if I join you?"

That's all he said. That's all he needed to say for me to subconsciously nod. His voice had something soothing, something calming, it held me in place, it helped me stay focused. His voice was as enchanting as his eyes. His words were gentle and his question was clear.

I stood up, walking to the fire, lifting Roman off the stick I had tied him too and placing him on the bag he used to be in.

I kneeled down by Roman's left side as the mysterious guy walked over, sitting down on the opposite side.

"Bon appetit" He said, I answered with a simple nod.

And then we started tearing.

We teared away the flesh from his bones bit by bit. I began by his left arm, ripping off his skin and stuffing it into my mouth. We were eating like animals, not caring if we'd get dirty, not paying attention to the other and not saying a thing.

I dug my nails in his elbow, tearing the meat from the corpse, feeling his blood dripping down my hands and into the sleeves of my clothes but I didn't care. I just kept eating. I just kept chewing. I wasn't thinking, I didn't want to think and it was so simple to just imagine that what I was eating was just beef and not another human being. Not someone I had known for my entire life.

-------

Two hours.

That's all we need to finish.

Every bit of flesh on his bones was gone. Everything consumed by two people who didn't even know one another and now all that was left were his bones.

I stared at the leftovers, blood dripping down my chin as I caught my breath. A few minutes later I picked up the blood stained bones with my crimson colored hands matching them. I tossed them one for one into the fire, watching them slowly burn before me.
I kept one though, just one bone. I had to.

I held that one last remain of him close to me, close to my stomach where the rest of him was getting digested. I didn't let go, I didn't want to let go. My thoughts getting the better of me again and reeling me into the deep hole again.

"Who was it?" The person who had committed this sin with me asked, pulling me away from the ravine I was about to tumble into.

I stayed silent for a few minutes, listening to the leaves rustle because of the wind. Tears threatened to spill over at any given moment but again I wouldn't let them. I sucked them back in, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath before answering the question that had been asked to me.

"My brother..he is- was my brother."