The Princess's Transformation

I pressed my head down against the pillow, pulled the covers up tight, and squeezed my eyes shut. I willed myself to go back to sleep, or rather, to wake up, because what I just saw HAD to be a dream.

A knock came on my door.

I didn't answer. I was still hoping I would wake up before I had to interact with anyone. But my heart was pumping so hard I couldn't get to sleep. The sun was coming up.

"Princess? Are you awake, sweetie?"

I didn't say anything. Then, I couldn't help it, I replied "Yes" in a small voice. I've never ignored Marsha before. She was always there for me.

I heard the door click open with my eyes still shut.

"It's getting late in the morning, Princess. Is something the matter?"

"Oh, Marsha. I'm trying very hard to wake up and then it won't be."

She sat on the side of my bed. "You're not dreaming, sweetie. What is it?"

I was worried she would say that. But I didn't want to tell her. Or show her. I didn't know which would be worse.

Though, she had been with me since I was young. She had helped me through puberty. She trained all the maids to dress and bathe me properly. I would rather tell her than anyone else.

I felt her hand brushing hair back from my forehead. I opened my eyes and saw her sympathetic face above me.

"Has there been a change to your body?" she asked gently.

I gasped. How did she know to ask that? Embarrassed, I nodded my head.

Marsha put a gentle hand on my waist through the bedcovers. "May I?"

I nodded, even more shyly.

Marsha moved back the covers, and then pulled down the waistband of my pants and my undergarments to around my thighs. There it was. The something that wasn't there the previous night. That had NEVER been there.

Marsha petted my hair. "Don't worry, sweetness. This is okay. This is perfectly normal."

Huh? How could having a penis be normal?

"But... I'm a woman, aren't I? I've always been... normal, I think." I asked shakily.

"You are a woman. But you're a special kind of woman. Do you know what kind?"

"What?" I breathed.

She leaned down and kissed my forehead. "A royal woman. Things will be different for you. But it will be beautiful."

What could she mean? I felt scared and confused, but I wanted to believe everything she was saying. She had always been my teacher, my guide, to being part of the royal house and fitting the image I needed to. Deep down, I felt like she knew everything. Could she even know about this?

"Thank you, Marsha," I said softly.

"May I dress you, Princess? You'll be looked for at breakfast."

"Of course." I pulled myself out of bed, standing up and making it easy for her to remove the rest of my pajamas and begin to fit me in panties, a corset, and a pretty cerulean dress.

"Can I not wear something more covering underneath?" I asked, feeling the air around my thighs.

"It would be best not to, Princess. Your changes will appreciate the room to breathe."

It felt strange anyway to have this shape pressed up inside of underwear I had yesterday worn with ease. I felt exposed under the dress and shy, knowing I was just one layer away from being seen. But I told myself to trust all would be well. I wouldn't be moving around much in the dining hall after all. I would just sit tight and be quiet and nice and all would be as usual.