• P r o l o g u e •

It was a particularly warm summer evening. People were either sitting in their offices or homes or buildings under the cool air of the air conditioners to beat the heat. All except one.

Reine Derose was busy fanning her face in the treehouse that she and her dad had built when she was just six years old. She was dressed up in a black leather skirt and a lacy black crop top which was so small that it looked more like a bra than a top. A hooker's dress, as her mother would say. She was contemplating whether she should wear the stockings which were full of holes from the multiple occasions she had fallen on her knees, thanks to Koel and her puppets, who somehow identify themselves as her friends. As if a person with a sociopathic personality could or should have friends.

After several moments, she chucked the stockings onto the floor of the treehouse. "It doesn't matter," she thought. "He anyways would want to just make out." She sprayed some perfume on her wrist and, as she had seen in makeup videos, rubbed it on both wrists before rubbing them against her neck. She reapplied her lipgloss and her mascara before climbing down the treehouse.

"I'm going to make out with the hottest guy in school. It's real. Kaelin really invited me to his house!" she thought as she cycled to his place. Unlike most other students in her school, Reine didn't own a car or a bike. Heck, even the clothes she was wearing were her foster sister's who had run out of their house.

If someone had asked Reine if she was ready to be a hooker back then, she might just have said yes.

Kaelin and his friends were chit-chatting in Kaelin's room as usual. "When's your bitch going to come here, Kel?" his friend Adrian asked. He, like most rich, confident, handsome boys of the town, thought that women were only to be used and thrown away like paper cups. Kaelin wasn't the biggest fan of that attitude. Even though he had a step-sister, Koel, who threw shades at him at every chance she got, he still showed the bare decency that every human deserves. And that included respect.

"She should be here at any moment. Shouldn't you guys give her and me some privacy when she arrives here?" he asked, hoping that the guys would say yes and leave him alone. Of course, they said no.

"It'd be fun to watch her squirm when she notices four guys observing every move of hers and judging her looks and..." Adrian left out the disgusting thought of them checking out his girlfriend. Never mind that this was supposed to be a one-sided affair. She was his. His possession.

His possessive side overtook the socially conscious side. "Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. My. Room."

"What the hell, man? We're just fooling around! We know you are –" Adrian began speaking.

"Get out! Now!" Kaelin yelled before slamming the door in their face as they rushed out in fear. Angry, aggressive Kaelin was fearsome. No one would have wanted to cross his path then. It brought out his animalistic urges. And Rose was about to have a taste of that.