Chapter 2 - Arrival

Today was the day

Prince Raji Shenazard of tanbarun would be arriving shortly, the guards were stationed at their normal posts however they seemed to have multiplied due to this 'special' occasion, at least that's what brother Izana would call it.

I was stood in my room with a two of the maids hovering around me like moths on a lamp, pampering my face with all sorts of powders suited to my pale skin tone, a light tint of blush which made my cheeks stand out and a thin layer of mascara was finally applied before they shoved a mirror in my face to hold.

 Lastly they tattered with my hair gently and pulled the loose strands away from my face and neatly folded it into a half up-half down hairstyle with a nicely pinned up bun and a flower decoration.

I examined my features closely in the mirror in awe

"Is this okay your highness? if its not we can make it to you li-"

"its quite alright, thank you for your work ladies" I light heartedly smiled at the two girls as they bowed in my direction and scattered out of the room giving small 'thank you's ' on the way out

I giggled at their behaviour and turned to the box on my bed and raised an eyebrow 'was that there before?'

I wandered over to the box to see a note attached to it, it read "To my dearest little sister, i have prepared this dress for you hand sewn by the royal seamstress's, i hope it is to your liking. "

"Dearest regards, Your big brother"

After gazing at the note i removed the ribbon seal and opened the box

My face softened as my eyes rested upon a a champagne short sleeved coloured tea gown, it had all kinds of lace patterns trailing along the collar bone and down to the waist along with a ribbon tied to the side, brother Izana had his taste it seems.

I slipped the dress on carefully and altered it to my liking and added the sapphire pendant around my neck, it was something i could never leave behind, it was sort of like a good luck charm. After looking in the mirror for a few seconds i heard a knock on my door and i hastily went to open it.

"Just in time your highness" Kiki was stood outside of my door with the same smile she always gave me "Are you ready to make your way to the front gate? Prince Raji will be arriving soon" her tone went deeper as she mention the Prince of Tanbarun, i dont blame her to be honest.

"Yes, thank you kiki"  I replied as i folded my hands neatly in front of me and followed the girl down to the front gate occasionally having small talk on the way about recent events, it was something we always did. I even stopped to say a quick a hello to Shirayuki, she was always so bright and happy which warmed my heart every time her ray of smiles shone my way. 

finally we were here. I lifted my dress up careful not to dirty it while coming down the steps and standing next to Zen with Izana nowhere in sight, he sapred me a glance and he gave me a smile and whispered in my ear "everything's going to be alright" in a trusting tone.

after hearing those words i felt focused and at peace knowing that Zen would be there by my side the entire time. I straightened my posture and lifted my head up high to look presentable.

The figure in the distance was getting more and more visible,  A carriage and soldiers it seems. The horses hooves and carriage wheels could be heard from a distance as the sound gradually increased making me more nervous by the second.

Soon enough the carriage and the steeds approached the castle and i gulped fixing my dress before turning my gaze to the carriage door awaiting the prince to make his appearance , 'any moment now..'

My eyes shot open as the creak of the door was heard , a tall man with greyish hair and a sword attached to his waist stepped out first he announced their arrival with a bold voice and ushered the first prince to step out of the carriage. A frail looking boy got down from the carriage steps.My eyes slightly widened, it had been a while since i last saw him and i had to say he had grown into a man with charms from my perspective.

"Greetings Prince Raji, we are honoured to have you here at Clariness kingdom." Zen spoke 

Prince Raji's head lifted up "I am honoured for the gracious invitation your highness It is a pleasure to be in your acquaintances "

i took a step forward and curtsyd in front of the first prince

"Greetings your highness I am Aerin ,  first princess of Clariness kingdom, it is an honour to have your stay" I said with slight bitterness in my tone, luckily nobody spared a glance

every word that i stated just now was a plain lie, i wanted to get this over and done with as quickly as ever.

Prince Raji cleared his throat "Thank you Princess Aerin for the lovely welcome" he bowed in my direction. 

Now it was time for me to show Prince Raji to some of the Facilities and areas of the castle noted down since Zen and Izana had 'matters' to attend , and after that a garden party was scheduled around tea time with all sorts of guests which were considered close to the family and only a few i knew of.

After one last bow we turned around and and headed upwards to the stairs.

'You know...was Prince Raji blushing?' I heard Mitsuhide state

no he couldn't be, such an emotionless prince could never think to share such feelings.

Right?