Chapter one Ryan Williams

"Another day here" he sighed entering into the main atrium of his school, the boy slid his hands into the pockets of his black jeans.

He looked around the quiet empty entranceway and pulled out his phone as he slowly staggered towards the cafeteria. He yawned quietly scrolling through his contacts until he found the one he was looking for, he smiled a little looking at his phone and the name that appeared on it "Sam".

He smiled again as he pulled up a chair sitting down, setting his bag on the cafeteria table next to him. He sighed lightly whistling as his phone made a slight "ding" sound, he looked at it and his mood suddenly changed to an almost blank expression, he opened the text message he had just received as it read "hey, Ryan! You at school yet?!" Ryan grumbled lightly as he read the text from the girl as he slowly began to text back, he stopped just staring at his phone and closed his eyes lightly resting the phone on the table turning it off.

He sat there for quite some time before hearing someone calling his name "hey Ryan". He opened one eye to see his friend Philip slowly approaching waving lightly, he sat up in his chair raising one hand in a welcoming gesture.

Philip pulled out a chair across from Ryan and sat down and gave him an almost immediate frown as he spoke lowly "you didn't sleep again..what kept you up this time?" Ryan gave him a slight shrug as he spoke and he muttered "the same thing that keeps me up every night..."

Philip nodded slowly and bit his lip a little "ah, I see im sorry man..I know it's hard with her, but you've got to let her go", as Philip spoke ryan closed his eyes slowly still looking in Philip's direction "you know I can't just let her go...especially when I haven't had her in the first place", "I..I know man" Philip stammered lightly knowing how upset Ryan got over the situation "it's fine...just I will get over it..soon enough, and if I don't it'll be something that'll carry with me for the rest of my life".

Philip looked at him "you can't do that to yourself Ryan..." Ryan opened one eye shooting him a look and Philip looked down nodding "sorry..." Ryan stood up "it's alright, I have to go anyway"

He got up walking past Philip patting his shoulder as he smiled a little "we will see you later Philip" He left the cafeteria with his bag slung over his shoulder and Philip watched him leave.

Ryan approached the stairwell to the far right of the school he went to open it as the door was suddenly pulled open as someone on the other end held it open "thanks" he muttered walking through the door, the person from the door watched him walk through the door and head up the stairs.

Ryan lowly whistled to himself as he got upstairs his bag hitting his side every time he took a step, the halls seemed almost empty that morning which Ryan kind of enjoyed, he got to his locker keeping his bag over his shoulder as he put in his combination for his locker, he unlocked it first try as usual

He smiled lightly to himself as he continued to whistle he removed his bag from his arm hooking it up in his locker grabbing his books from his bag, he sighed a little closing his locker locking it and he head down the hallway.

A couple of minutes later ryan approached a door down at the end of the hall he sighed looking at the door number 218 "English" he muttered softly to himself

He put his hand on the slightly opened door to push it open as slight chatter could be heard from inside the room, he stopped closing his eyes momentarily before pushing open the door.