Prologue

If you look up the word forever in the dictionary you get two definitions:

For all future time; for always

Continually

Doesn't that sound scary, forever and ever, lasting and always...

Forever.

I like to plan ahead, I always have, if I don't- I go crazy, and well forever seems too long to plan for.

I never want to think about something and believe I have to do it forever, I mean how would that affect everything else, would doing the same consistent thing forever change everything else and the eternal course of my life.

See... too stressful.

I don't want to have to think about forever; like ever.

But sometimes you have to, sometimes the forever of life is inevitable, however long it might last.

And as I sit on the ledge of this rock overlooking the dark water illuminated by the moon, I can't help but think about forever.

I can't help but think about all I have been doing, the mornings and nights, the continuous cycle that I'm stuck in, the one where you wake up because you have to and you eat because you have to.

I can't stop myself from thinking, will this be my forever?

Because I sure as hell know nothing is changing in that cycle anytime soon... maybe time will change it, right? I mean it has to, I can't be stuck like this forever.

I run my fingers along the crevices and bumps of the rock, the same rock I discovered roughly 6 years ago when I decided to disobey my mother and run into the forest, the one miles from our house.

I laugh at the thought that this rock has become my best friend, hell I spent more time with this rock than anyone or anything else this summer.

I look down at my wrist where my aunt's old watch lays. It's a simple rectangle with a detailed border and dark red leather bands, it's a vintage one in impeccable condition.

It's already 8:15, I promised my dad I would be home by 8:30 and considering the walking distance I figured it was better I start heading out.