Hug It Out

Kaeya awoke in a familiar room. The wind was breezy and the light coming from outside bright. He could immediately tell that he was in one of the cathedral's medical rooms.

Kaeya turned his head to the side only to unexpectedly see a head of red hair laying on the side of the bed. The red haired person looked up at the sudden movement and made eye contact with Kaeya.

Kaeya sit up in a hurry just to regret it as a sudden pain coming from his lower area hit him. He felt Diluc help him lay back down on the bed.

"You're awake."

He heard the familiar voice call out in a soft tone. The red haired man looked like a mess. His hair was messier than it had been before and looked like he hadn't slept in days. It didn't help that Diluc had puffy eyes as if he had just been crying.

"Diluc...?" Kaeya whispered into the quiet room experimentally. The other man's grip on his hand tightened to the point it just hurted. "Diluc, stop! That hurts!" He shouted.

"That's the point you...!" Kaeya could tell Diluc couldn't bring himself to finish the sentence as he loosened his grip and his expression faltered. "Nevermind..."

"Oh? What has got the young master so worked up?" Kaeya teased. At this point, his words come to him like second nature.

"You..." Diluc plunged his face back onto the mattress. "Don't worry me like that again.." He muttered. Although the words were quiet, Kaeya heard every syllable that Diluc just said.

"You were... worried about me?" Kaeya was surprised to say the least. He had thought that the young master hated him. To hear those words come out of the man's own lips were... comforting.

"Of course I was! Barbara said that you were suffering from lack of sleep and that lead to your near death and—" Diluc began talking quite fast. Kaeya hadn't seen Diluc like this for many years.

"Slow down there, what did you say?" Kaeya asked. Diluc sighed and began speaking again. This time with a calm composure and clear voice.

"Why were you not sleeping properly?" Diluc asked softly. Kaeya almost didn't want to answer that question. But after seeing the worried expression on Diluc's face, he relented.

"...Nightmares."

"Are they the same ones from when we were kids?" Diluc asked once more. Kaeya shook his head. "What do these new nightmares contain?"

Kaeya didn't respond to that. Diluc was asking too many questions to the point he felt uncomfortable. And that specific question he asked, he didn't want to answer it, not yet.

Diluc seemed to understand what Kaeya was feeling as he mumbled a sorry and pulled Kaeya in for a hug.

They stayed like that for some time until someone opened the door to the room.

"I heard voices in here. Master Diluc, is Kaeya awake?" Barbara walked into the room only to find the two men looking at her. She walked back out again and slowly closing the door behind her. "I'm sorry, I'll let the both of you have your time-"

Kaeya chuckled. "Maybe we should let her in. She probably needs to check up on my current condition after all." He reasoned. Diluc only buried his face into Kaeya's shoulder.

"She can wait a little while longer."

"Alright, alright. Let's enjoy the moment while it lasts shall we?"

_________________________

Eennddd yaaayyy sorryyy I didn't beta read it uh so the writing may suck.

Anyways, thanks for reading