An Order of Rest

"Captain?"

...Who was calling him?

"Sir Kaeya!?"

Probably just some old voice from the past.

"KAEYA ALBERICH!"

The captain finally snapped back to reality to find Acting Grand Master Jean shouting at him. It was apparent to him that Jean had come into his office while he was spacing out and was telling him something. Despite Jean seeing the state he was in just now, he shook it off and put on his best plastered smile he can.

"Haven't people told you to knock, dear Grand Acting Master Jean?" He slyly asked

"I had but you weren't answering. Plus the door was unlocked" The other deadpans.

"Ah...Anyways, what were you saying again...?" Kaeya said as if to brush off the topic.

"I was saying you should take the day off and rest up. You seem tired as of late" Jean said in a concerned tone. "I already handed off your mandatory duties to someone else. The rest you can do tomorrow"

Now that surprised Kaeya. Usually Jean wouldn't ask him to take the day off without a valid reason. Unless he hadn't been so subtle about his sleepless nights than he thought. And with that, Jean left his office.

And of course, being the Knight he is with his sense of justice... he neglected the order of rest and carried on his duties.