Chapter 16

Sorry I am a little late!  I hope you all enjoy it:)

Sufyaan crossed his arms as he frowned his brows. Raiyan was sitting on the chair with a few files in his hands. Amal was sitting on the sofa with her arms crossed as well and a bag near her feet and next to her was Haajar who was looking straight into his eyes, again with a bag near her feet.

"Will someone care to tell me what is happening here? Why is every other girl walking in with a bag? What happened? Haajar? Amal? And why exactly are you here, Raiyan? We never got to that part. Why is everyone dropping by unannounced at this hour? It is quite late, have you all seen a watch that shows time? It's right there, on the wall. Can you see what it says? It means it is nine-thirty. In the evening. It is dark."

"She is staying here for a few days," Amal was the first one to speak. "Her house is full of guests. She needs her own space and a change of scenery. We should always visit family. It is good for health. And he," She motioned at Raiyan, "He is holding a file, files actually. You can say he is here for work. Poor him, you make him work late at night. He needs a break as well, you know. Be a nice boss."

Sufyaan rolled his eyes before he tucked his hands in his pocket. "And why are you here? To speak for them because they are on a no-word diet? How did you get here? I hope Aman dropped you. Do not tell me you came here without informing them."

"I informed them. Dad dropped me, of course. I was not going to walk this late. I am tired because of school. And I am here just to keep her company. You and Mumanijaan both work, what will she do here all alone? There needs to be someone to attend her."

"She works too. She comes home just when I do. That was a lame reason. Think a little harder."

"Why do I need a reason to stay at my grandfather's house?" Amal looked straight into his eyes. "Do I need to sit and think of reasons just to come here? I did not expect that kind of formality here. I thought I was your favourite, but I knew it was an act. You love Keyaan more. You named him after all and it rhymes with yours."

"You sure are Noor's niece. I should have considered that when I said yes to Aman to marry my sister. A big mistake indeed." Amal crossed her arms before looking up at the ceiling. Sufyaan sighed as he looked at all three of them. Shaking his head he motioned towards the stairs. "Amal and Haajar go and check how the guest room is. Clean it if it needs to. Zyva and daddy will be here soon."

"Where did they go?" Amal was quick to ask.

"Zynah's. Adnan is sick. I was there too but came early for some work. We had dinner there so we do not have food. Go and see if there is anything and help yourself."

"We both had our dinner," Amal said as she stood up with her bag. "We will check the room. You talk so much. Let me know when they come." Amal started to walk towards the stairs and Haajar followed but before leaving she looked at Sufyaan and wrinkled her nose. Sufyaan blinked his eyes and gave a nod to his head, making her feel at ease again. Then they both disappeared through the stairs and Sufyaan turned to his first guest. Raiyan extended the files in front of him as he said, "These are the proposals you asked me to look into. I have gone through them thoroughly and even made notes for further reference. Sorry for bothering you so late. I won't be able to make it to the office tomorrow morning. It is my father's death anniversary, I will be visiting his grave. I will be back as soon as possible."

"Take the day off," Sufyaan said as he sat on the sofa and took the file from him, before opening the file to have a look. 

"No, it is okay. My case is anyway making me absent from the office, I cannot add more to it. I have arranged everything. I will be in the office before eleven, just a little late."