Chapter 27

"I swear you keep spoiling us and we will never want to go back to our place," she smiled as Axel cut up her eggs and held a bite out for her. She giggled and took the bite then laid her head back on his chest.

"You could if you wanted, you know," Kota broached the subject as he walked into the kitchen. "You've already been here a week and we love having you here."

"Don't tease," She shook her head as Axel held another bite out for her.

"We're not," Owen said as he came in and made him a cup of tea.

"What?" She asked confused sitting straight up.

"Mr. Lee is right, the week you've been here has been the best week we've had. We don't like the thought of you going back next door. You could move in here, Mr. Coleman could fix the room next to yours as Roxas' and the room you are in as yours. You will still have your place but honestly we would all like having you here," He said as he sat across from them.

"Momma?" Roxas called out and she smiled.

"I'm down here," She called back and a few seconds later she heard his trampling down the stairs. She opened her arms and he flung himself into her, thankfully Axel had a good grip on her. "I'm right here."

"What are you going to do while I'm working with Mr. B and Victor?" He asked after he released her from his hug then sat down. "Thanks Marc," he beamed as he started eating his breakfast.

"I think I am going to work on some painting with Meanie if he isn't busy," She smiled watching him.

"Awesome," He smiled and went back to eat. "Guess what?" He asked suddenly and looked up from taking the last bite Axel held out for her.

"What?" She asked once she was done eating.

"Momma, I said guess," Roxas rolled his eyes but she could see he was bouncing with excitement.

"Ummm," She thought for a moment, "Nathan got you registered for a tournament even though I'm not ready for that yet?"

"Nope, I wouldn't do that," Nathan said shaking his head as he came into the kitchen. "Even though I know he is qualified for one."

"Guess again," Roxas smiled.

"Um...you advanced to another belt color again?" She asked and Nathan shook his head.

"Nope guess again," he demanded.

"Luke taught you how to pick locks?" She asked and Luke held up his hands as he came in.

"I wish but no," Roxas sighed then smiled. "Guess again Momma."

"North and Brandon taught you how to drive already?" She asked and they both shook their heads as they came into and made them coffee.

"He wishes," Brandon smirked.

"Axel let you swim with sharks," She guess and Axel chuckled.

"Nope, guess again Momma," Roxas smirked.

"Can I at least have a hint?" she asked.

"It involves Mr. B," Roxas smiled and she tilted her head in confusion.

"He let you run one of his companies?" She asked.

Roxas burst out laughing, "You're so silly Momma, try again."

"I have no idea Roxas, there are endless possibilities with you and Owen and the rest of the guys also," She smiled softly. "What is it? I give up."

"Can I show her now?" Roxas asked Owen and he nodded. Roxas took off upstairs and she turned to look at Owen.

"He asked and I just couldn't say no to him," Owen shrugged and took a drink of his tea.
"Close your eyes Momma," Roxas called out and she smiled.

She closed her eyes and said, "They are closed Roxas."

"I got them covered," Luke said as he put his hands over her eyes.

"I got the fucking camera ready," Gabe called out.

"Language!" Roxas shouted and everyone burst out laughing.

She heard Roxas come down the stairs and then Owen said, "One second, come here Roxas." There was some movement then Owen told her to open her eyes.

Ivy opened her eyes and there in front of her was Roxas wearing a matching three piece suit with Owen. "Oh my god," She gasped, "you look so handsome and grown up!" she wiped away a tear. "Where did my baby go? You look ready to take on the world with Owen!"

"I know, right?" he smirked and looked up at Owen proudly who looked down at him with proudness. "Okay, we have to go Momma, have fun painting," he said as he kissed her cheek.

Owen kissed her forehead then bent a little lower and whispered in her ear, "Think about what we talked about."

"Yes Sir," She whispered as a shiver went down her back.

"Good Girl," He said as he stood back up. Just then his phone rang, "Hello Mr. Ridley." She heard the lawyer tell him to put it on speaker. Owen looked at her and did.

"I'll go keep Roxas busy," Luke said as he darted out the door, he knew one of them would call him so he could listen in on the conversation.

"A few things, one, the embezzlement case was settled out of court, Miss Marley was awarded 10 million and the managers have been sent to prison for a minimum of 25 years." She looked up at Owen in complete shock. "Second, I just found literally a few minutes ago, Shelby has broken out of prison along with a few other prisoners and her boyfriend is now her husband and he is authorized to pursue the custody case. It's been settled for court to hear in three days."
"What?" She asked as the color drained out of her face.

"I'm sorry Miss Marley but with him being married he has every right to fight for custody but I don't want you to worry about it, this attempted murder isn't going to look good for them on top of everything else," Mr. Ridley said sighing.

"But they still have a chance, even the slightest?" She asked as the guys watched all emotion leave her.

"Yes, with her being his biological mother and being married, there is still a slight chance," he said honestly. "But I very highly doubt that a judge would award custody."

"But there is still a chance because I am a single parent," she said as she stood.

"Yes"

"If I were to marry the Blackbourne Toma team then that would take away all chances of her gaining custody of MY son?" She asked closing her eyes.

"Honestly yes, he would have fifteen parents, would be financial supported, plenty of education, and let's be honest there would be plenty of security as well," Mr. Ridley said.

"Okay thank you Mr. Ridley, I need to absorb all this, Owen will let you know, thank you again," She said as she walked away from them. A couple of minutes later the team found her in the living room staring out the window at her house. "Darling?" Owen asked cautiously.

"Plan whatever you need to Owen," She said as anger coursed through her, "She is not getting MY son and I'm tired of her ruining our lives. I'm sorry I'm taking your chance of love away right now but I won't lose MY son. I will gladly sacrifice my only chance of finding out what love is to protect Roxas. Once she is out of the picture for good I will gladly give you a divorce so you can find your love. Now excuse me, I need some time to think." She turned and walked past them. They watched her head over to her house then looked at one another in shock.