chapter 10

I got in my car and drove over to the hospital. I was a little nervous to talk to Taylor, only because she probably thought I had stabbed her and even though we weren't super close, I was leaving and she'd already lost a lot. Leaving without saying goodbye would be worse. I walked out of my car and walked inside the hospital doors to the visitor's information desk.

"Hi, I'm here to see Taylor Grasia.", I said to the lady sitting at the desk.

"Ok, sign in here please.", the lady said, pushing a clipboard with paper towards me. I signed the paper and she yanked it out of my hands.

"Room 305. 3rd floor to the right.", she said. When I got to the floor Taylor's room was on, I could tell which one was hers. I could tell her friends were there,  due to the amount of noise coming from the room. I didn’t want to intrude but I also knew this was the last time I'd probably ever get to see her. I knocked on the door.

"Hello?", I asked.

"Come in", a random male voice said.

"Uh, hey…", I said, walking into the room. I recognized two of the men as the people Taylor had gone to Hamilton with. 

"Hey! It's you! You shot your father just like you stabbed my niece!", the short dark-haired man shouted. 

"I didn't stab her!", I quickly said, tired of having to explain that to everyone. 

"Wait, you shot your father?", someone asked.

"It was part of Hamilton, you wouldn't understand. ", the blonde one she went to the show with said.

"I was Burr that one night when you guys went, so technically I shot Hamilton. ", I said and then thought back on what the man had said.

"Wait, niece? I thought you two aren't related.", I said, confused.

"It's a long story. Why are you here anyways?", Taylor asked.

"I came to say goodbye. My family- my dad and I are moving back to New York and we're leaving tomorrow morning. I thought just leaving without saying anything would be mean but I can leave if you want. I didn’t mean to interrupt anything.", I said.

"Oh it's okay. Didn't you guys just get here though? Why are you going back to New York?", Taylor asked.

"My dad and I have to go back for work. My mom and brothers are gonna stay here for about 2 more months.", I said. 

"What do you do for work?", one of them asked.

"I'm an actor. ", I replied. 

"Scott you literally just saw her as Burr when we went to see Hamilton. ", Taylor said.

"Oops, forgot about that.", Scott said. I laughed a little. My phone started to ring, and I looked down, hoping it wasn't the police again. It was just my dad. 

"What the mitochondria is that?", Taylor asked. I was confused until I remembered that my ringtone was the demo for Helpless my dad had recorded at 4am.

"It's me, one sec.", I replied,  answering my phone.

"Hey, I'm leaving for New York, with or without you in 30 minutes, so hurry up.", my dad said.

"Ok, I'll be there.", I responded. He hung up. I could tell he was stressed or upset, because he wasn't usually like that. 

"I've gotta go. I hope you feel better.", I said, not knowing exactly what to say. 

I walked out of the room and hurried to my car. I sat down and decided to play some music as I drove to my parent's house.