Sometimes|C.B|

A/N - Requested by the_hunting_soldier - I'm sorry it took so long to write!

I know you described the reader as depressed, but I got too caught up with things to actually write about her depression. Sorry!

Also, I thought I'd try to write in present tense for this one shot - what do you think? I hope it's alright to read :)

There may well be some parts of the story where I drift back to writing in past tense, so PLEASE comment on the sections that are grammatically wrong so I can edit them!

Btw, the italics mean your thoughts. Or sometimes it just means I'm emphasising the word XD

Thursday December 12, 2000
1:26PM

You lay on your bed after being awoken from your nap by a loud noise, trying to get back to sleep - before someone bursts through your door

"Shitting hell, Joe!", you howl in shock, "Please learn to knock-"

The smile on his face couldn't be ignored, "Get packing, we're going to New York!", he announces before leaving the room.

We're going to New York?

You can hear him down the hallway singing Frank Sinatra's 'New York, New York' in a booming voice - if the situation hadn't been so weird, you would've noticed how good of a Sinatra impression Joe could accomplish.

You immediately jump off your bed and run after him, bumping into someone in the corridor.

"Whoops!", you huff as you look up at your favourite face, Chester.

"Sorry", he laughs, "Late minute packing, am I right?"

"Yeah, about that, why the hell are we going to New York?", you ask as you straighten out your sleeves and rub your slightly blurry eyes, they mustn't have adjusted to the brightness of the hallway.

"We've been invited to perform a couple of songs for MTV Unplugged. I thought Brad told you?", he asks with his eyebrow quirked, before going into his room to grab some underwear from his drawer for his suitcase.

You immediately feel like an idiot when you recall the memory of Brad telling you about your upcoming MTV Unplugged gig last week, "Damn, yeah, I totally forgot. What songs are we performing?", you ask, leaning on the doorframe as you watched him fold his underwear - how therapeutic.

"How the hell did you forget that? You where watching Alice In Chains on MTV Unplugged this morning!", he laughs with a bemused look on his face, "I'll tell you the set in the van, we have 15 minutes to pack our stuff and go.", he informs you and upon that, you run back to your room in shock and excitement to pack.

---------------------------------------------------

4:21 PM

After a very underwhelming ride to the airport and a frantic search for the correct terminal , you are now on the plane.